1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

vaule covers

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 07:27 PM
FImports is an unknown quantity at this point
Default vaule covers

is it a big job to replace them on a 92 s-10 blazer

Old 12-08-2006, 09:51 PM
20Blazer00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: vaule covers

NO NO and HELL NO. If you have the correct tools these are easy. But why are you replacing the covers or just the gaskets...either way. All you have to do is have the correct socket size extension length and the strength to twist crap out of the little buggers.

There are two styles since I don't know what you have. here goes. One style has 4 bolts along the outside edge of the valve covers. The newer style has three(?) nuts in the center of the valve cover, so depending on who put them on last and with how much force, they should come off pretty easy.....

Old 12-08-2006, 09:57 PM

check out my post entitled leak.another member told me it might be the vaule covers leaking down

HERE

Old 12-09-2006, 12:00 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, maybe you should keep this in that thread then. Please do not create threads on EVERY thought you have. You can group them together. I count over half of your posts that can be combined with others.

Old 12-09-2006, 12:03 AM
nofear17bmx is an unknown quantity at this point

On a personaly note/question anyone got a good spot where I can buy some nice looking valve covers...anyone have pics of a blazer with aftermarket vc on?

Old 12-09-2006, 07:44 AM

sorry swartlkk still kinda new at this.

Old 12-09-2006, 10:51 AM
rooster is an unknown quantity at this point

hey rooster again i believe u said u have the tbi 92, then u have three bolts running on the top of the covers. u might as well change both covers gasket. that way u know for sure that they other one wont leak as well. there are though some brackets and things u must remove first. the most important of which is ur tv cable bracket. make sure u dont pull on the cable or its adjuster, if so just readjust after u install. plus i like to use rtv around the covers flange for added support, u just have to let that dry before completing the cover install(before u put them on the truck.)

Old 12-09-2006, 12:36 PM

are there any pics on here of someone replacing the vaule covers on there truck

Old 12-09-2006, 01:16 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

I would just to out and spend 15 bucks on a haynes manual and you wouldn't have to ask every question that you think of, and you even get pics on lots of things.

Old 12-10-2006, 01:31 PM
chevy_kalle is an unknown quantity at this point

only problem in my opinion is that theres a lot of stuff going on around them valve covers (at least in my 97). you have to pull some cables out of the way and stuff before you get to them, but when you have everything out of the way its easier than tieing your shoes!

Quick Reply: vaule covers