1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

Where Can I Reconnect The Vacuum Line to Automatic Transmission On A 94 S-10 Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 09:28 AM
vindy78 is on a distinguished road
Default Where Can I Reconnect The Vacuum Line to Automatic Transmission On A 94 S-10 Blazer

So here is the situation. I had my truck with this shoddy repair shop to fix the ground wire on my Fuel pump.(It was replaced there a few months ago only reason why I went back)The guy was pissed off at me because he is a one man shop and was backlogged so I gave him **** for taking forever well guess what dont **** off anyone that has your vehical! I get the truck back it runs just fine now(for about an hour!) I get it near my house from the shop which is about 10miles.I keep hearing this hissing noise. I stop for gas, and I have a hard time getting the truck started again, so I pop the hood, and wam!! First thing I see that I know damn well was not like this before was ALL the Vacuum lines where RIPPED UP! Which is where the hissing noise was coming from. A few guys came up to me at the gas station and helped me get it started again. Which again they pointed out the hissing noise. Honestly I did not think that would make the truck not drive. I pull off and drive maybe a half of a mile and coming out of a stop light as soon as the truck goes to shift into 2nd gear it seems as if it falls into neutral. You can turn the truck off and start it back up and you'll have first gear back but again as soon as you go fast enough for it to shift into 2nd gear wam back to neutral, and NO reverse. Turn the truck off and back on and again you have first, I was stuck in the middle of the next intersection so I floored the gas and even though it was going from 1st to NOTHING red lining the engine got me though the light at a crawl and at the same time a ton of Transmisson fluid came out underneath the truck spitting out on the exaust lol talk about lots of smoke!! Nothing was wrong with the damn tranny before I took it to this guy. Sorry for all the rambling this has me so frustrated. I even called the guy back at the shop about this and the first thing he said was "oh well you can't prove I did that" I live in Florida and there really are no areas to reach out to for consumer protection in this type of industry. I just want my vacuum system rebuild, yet the main question really is. Does the vacuum system have anything to do with the truck shifting with an Automatic transmission. 1994 S-10 Blazer 2wd Vortec engine(W VIN)

THANK YOU ALL!! BLAZERFORUM RULEZ!!

Old 09-22-2009, 09:33 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

brother, it sounds like you have a bigger problem than the vacuum system, it sounds like your trans just puked!

Old 09-22-2009, 02:25 PM
vindy78 is on a distinguished road

yeah I'm sure your right though. I'm about to just take it back to a different shop and have them take a look and go from there. When it comes to Transmission work I'm at a loss. Thanks for your reply though bro.

Old 09-22-2009, 04:17 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

have you at least topped up the trans fluid, and tried driving it again?