2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

2000 Chevy Blazer 4x4 no fire

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 04:02 PM
jameshannahjames is on a distinguished road

then I grounded the wire and it cooked the fuse and ideas

well when i ran a new ground it cooked the fuse

put another fuse in it cooked it too something making ground?

Last edited by swartlkk; 12-22-2010 at 04:46 PM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit function to add additional information in your post if another member has yet to respond.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:37 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Which wire did you ground?

And please wait for responses.

Old 12-22-2010, 04:48 PM
Default re

k sry I grounded the white or it looks white and with a black stripe

Old 12-22-2010, 04:50 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Only the black wire at the ICM (pin C) should be grounded. The white wire is the electronic spark timing control from the PCM and the white with black tracer is the ignition coil driver to the coil. Grounding either of which would surely blow the fuse.

Attached Thumbnails 2000 Chevy Blazer 4x4 no fire-00_ign_ctrl_sch.gif  
Old 12-22-2010, 04:59 PM
Default re

lol k duh my fault im gonna stay in for the rest of the night ill check it tommorow.

Old 12-23-2010, 08:02 AM
Dave455 is on a distinguished road

I found the solution to my problem. It was the ignition starter switch. There is a dielectric grease in the switch that shrunk when it got colder and made it difficult to start. The part was under $75 and I had someone with the right tool to pull the steering wheel install it for $200. I was able to pinpoint the problem by letting the vehicle get cold enough not to start. Then use a hair dryer to warm up different parts until I found it was the ignition starter switch. I hope this helps anyone with a similar problem

Old 12-23-2010, 10:05 AM
Starting Member
Tinted is on a distinguished road

iginition starter switch is where the key goes, right?

Old 12-24-2010, 07:42 AM
Dave455 is on a distinguished road

That is actually called the ignition. The key turns a gear that turns another gear in the ignition starter switch. they connect together but are two seperate parts so you dont need to change your key to fix this problem.The ignition starter switch has the contacts for run start and acc. it comes with the wires attached that run down the steering column and a attach to the firewall.The multifunction switch (turn signal wiper, cruise etc) is also connected to the firewall at the same terminal block but have a removable clip.It took a good three hours plus to change this out but that also included a trip to the parts store.

Old 12-24-2010, 08:18 AM
Administrator

The proper term is ignition switch. Take a look at the Anatomy of the Ignition Switch link in my signature. Also, there are how-to's posted in the Tech Article (DIY) Index link also found in my signature.

Old 02-20-2011, 07:02 AM

problem resloved thank you it was the wireing harness on the fuel pump bad wires

Quick Reply: 2000 Chevy Blazer 4x4 no fire