2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

2004 Front End issues and leaning/sagging to right

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 01:48 PM
Beginning Member
YAXTA'S04BLAZA is on a distinguished road
Default 2004 Front End issues and leaning/sagging to right

Recently replaced upper and lower ball joints on both passenger and driver side as well as idler arms and front and rear shocks.
Truck has been driving nice and tight until this morning, when I heard loud thumps coming from the front end. this happens when I take a turns especially at low speeds. There's one thing I did notice last weekend when I was changing the rear shocks though; I had the truck on level ground in the garage and it looked to me that the truck was sitting at an angle like sagged to the right. I decided to measure the left and right sides, finding that the right side from frame to ground was about 2 inches shorter than the height of the left. I'm beginning to wonder if this causing problems to the front end parts, and maybe why parts are wearing out much quicker than they should? idk..I also have recent new tires and alignment but that shouldn't matter. The thing that is concerning me is that the truck only has about 62000 miles on it and this is the second time replacing ball joints and I do mostly all highway miles. Does anyone have any ideas to whats going on or why the truck isn't level? Does it have something to do with the torsion bars maybe? Any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks

Old 02-26-2011, 01:37 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The thumps could be a broken from sway bar end link.

The sagging should be able to be taken care of by adjusting the right side back up using the torsion bar adjusting bolts. There is a T-bar crank how-to in the Tech Article (DIY) section. If you cannot correct it using the adjustment available, then the torsion bar itself may be defective and in need of replacement.

Old 02-26-2011, 01:53 PM
Beginning Member

Thanks alot..will try that out today. Sorry about the repost wasn't aware of that rule. Is it ok to update threads to bring back up to the top of the list if there are no replies in the future..or is that still considered a repost?

Old 02-26-2011, 01:58 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

No problem!

If you have waited 24 hours without a reply, you can 'bump' the post.

Old 02-26-2011, 02:08 PM
Beginning Member

Ok great. Good to know!