2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

annoying idle vibration

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 09:00 PM
norwegn113 is on a distinguished road
Default annoying idle vibration

Hi everyone, This is my first post here but I have read other peoples posts and have gotten alot of good advice from you all. Here is my tech. info, 2001 blazer 4wd 4.3 vin W. Since I have bought this truck almost 2 years ago it has had a very annoying vibration at idle when in gear. The truck has 125,000 miles on it. recent upgrades include... new cap, rotor, wires, plugs,air filter, pcv, just replaced the spider. I have checked the MAF sensor, there is nothing restricting it( can see very clearly through it) I have taken off and cleaned the IAC valve. I cleaned and de-carboned the intake while I had it open replacing the spider and still I have the same vbiration. The vibration is only there in idle, and it seems to get worse when in gear and the truck warms up.It is very noticable when I turn the a/c on. The vibration goes away when driving down the road in fact the truck runs very well at cruising speed. No check lights have come on and no codes have come up. I am totally out of ideas and am hoping someone here can help... thanks!

Old 08-02-2011, 07:37 PM

wow, thanks for all the great info everyone......

Old 08-02-2011, 07:43 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Sarcasm? Really?? Way to make your mark here? A simple 'bump' would have sufficed.

What did you use for tune up parts? AC Delco is very much preferred in terms of the plugs, cap, & rotor.

Did you clean the MAF sensor elements as described in the tech article or just look at it...?

How about cleaning the EGR valve (if your '01 was one of the ones with one)?

Sounds like a broken record to anyone that read through posts of this very same issue, I'm sure.

But that's the extent of what I'll offer in this thread after your attitude. Good luck with your problem.

Old 08-02-2011, 07:52 PM
kristoph30 is on a distinguished road

I just deleted a whole flaming post here. But Im with you swartlkk.
I personally appreciate all the time you and the others put into this site. The time you put into this that you could be using other ways has saved alot of people a whole mess of money! Everyone has been very fair and all you ask is that people try to help themselves and be nice. You are just WAY to demanding! Take care, Keep up the good work and enjoy the evening!

Old 08-02-2011, 08:21 PM
Starting Member
stlwaco is on a distinguished road

Even after the attitude, i will give a little help only cause it might help somebody else. motor mounts
Good Day.

Old 08-02-2011, 09:43 PM

I realize that frustration is no excuse for poor attitude so I apologize to you all for being sarcastic. This truck has gotten on my last nerve and I have missed several days of work because of it.At this point I have sunk way too much money into it to get rid of it, so I have to make it work. Just today on the way home it is now over heating on me... seems the more I fix on this truck the more it wants. I was hoping for some responses when I got home and was disappointed to see none. I guess im just impatient and frustrated, sorry!. All tune up parts are AC Delco, and I didnt clean the EGR because although I do know quite a bit I dont know everything and I was under the impression that the 2001's were not using the traditional EGR valves. Do you know where I could find the post on this site that explains how to clean them? Again I am sorry and humbled.

I just read the two posts by "garry2000blazer" they were very informative so tomorrow while im out there replacing my thermostat I am going to clean my EGR valve and the MAF sensor. I will post my results tomorrow when Im finished. Good night all.

Last edited by swartlkk; 08-02-2011 at 10:10 PM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit function to add additional information in your post if another member has yet to respond.