2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Blazer of glory

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 01:57 AM
Beginning Member
chidevildog is on a distinguished road
Angry Blazer of glory

Im on my 3rd night in a row wrenching and I'm dead beat!

1st night I did the rear rotors/brake pads, 2nd night front driver side wheel hub, after that I thought it's running perfectly up until I went to oreilly's to return gear puller.

I got out the car and noticed a very strong "brake (burnt) smell" I checked all four tires and to my surprised my rear driver side rotor was glowing red! smh.
I remember a friend of mine, had his caliper stuck and had the same symptoms, so I immediately just bought a rebuilt caliper since I was at Oreilly's..

Got home, smelling like **** (brake smell) and started ripping it out.. Once I got the pos caliper it was seized on the pads and rotor had to pry it out with the tire iron..

Long story short.. finished bled the symstem took for a test run.. slammed the brakes several times (snowing right now) to get all abs etc going.. seems good to go..

Im going to hit the rack.. sorry for the long *** post.. just wanting to vent.. but one thing for sure.. i love this truck.. perhaps it's safe to say that it's really a love and hate relationship..