2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Click Click

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 01:45 PM
[[B3k@h]] is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Click Click

So...I'm not really sure what the source of the problem is, so I figured the General Forum was the way to go.

Here's the deal. I have a 2 wheel drive, '99 Blazer LS. Anytime I drive it, I hear this weird clicking noise; it sounds a lot like my blinker, but it can't be that b/c it does it no matter whether the blinker is on or off. It drives me *cRaZy* ...Odd thing is, it stops whenever I hit my brakes. My boyfriend said something about some kind of delay in...idk, i wasn't really listening -lol- But seriously...you guys have any idea what's goin on with this thing?

Old 11-30-2007, 01:52 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Click Click

Common problem. It is caused by a fault in the multifunction switch (turn signal stalk). If your brake lights and turn signals work properly at the rear of the truck, then the switch is at fault.

Here is a thread discussing this very topic:
Flasher Clicking under passenger side dash, stops when you press brake pedal???

*Moving to 2nd Gen Tech*

Old 11-30-2007, 02:03 PM

alright. thanx man

Old 11-30-2007, 02:04 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

same thing is wrong with mine, stops when I hit the brakes.

I suggest trying to find a used multifunction at a salvage. unless theres an easier fix.

a shop near me wanted $500 just for parts!!!! grrrr [:@]

thanks for the link kyle.

Old 11-30-2007, 02:29 PM

yeah...$500 is a bit much for my budget. So...a multifunction switch. Alrighty then. I'll get on that

Old 11-30-2007, 02:57 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

$500 is way too much. You shouldn't be paying more than $250 for a dealer part and not over $150 for an aftermarket one...

The part number that I referenced in the thread I linked to seems to have been superceded, but I do not know what to... AC Delco's website shows that PN for the '98 model year only, but I know of no functionality changes to the switch that have been made from '96-'05.

Old 11-30-2007, 03:58 PM
SSBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point

There is a recall for the multifunction switch on some S10 & S-Blazers. Give me your VIN # and I will check it for you.

Old 11-30-2007, 06:29 PM
Administrator

I thought the recall was for the inoperative taillights though? Still worth a shot, PM SSBlazer your VIN so it can be checked.

Old 12-31-2007, 04:57 PM
UtahZR2 is an unknown quantity at this point

I hate to point someone toward Ebay as a parts source but there is a company that has the multi function switches for around $110 plus shippng.

Old 01-01-2008, 12:32 PM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: [[B3k@h]]

yeah...$500 is a bit much for my budget. So...
hey did you try calling pott's junk yard? its on pitts gap mtn. i figure you know the area if not let me know, he has tons of s-10 and blazers its pretty close to you. the number is 554-3927. he is susually pretty cheap on his parts, but you have to go out there and take off what you need. hopefully this can help