2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

CRISIS!!!!!! 4 door wiring for a 2 door! HELPPPPPPPPPP

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 03:15 PM
ratrodsare4ever is on a distinguished road
Default CRISIS!!!!!! 4 door wiring for a 2 door! HELPPPPPPPPPP

First off i have a 2000 2wd 2 door blazer.... im in a bit a crisis and need to get my venicle running again. I was in the process of changing everything to a power harness. The harness i was changing was the underdash/ some of the engine harness(up on the firewall to the computer) the donor blazer was an 02. everything worked except the plug to the computer. Harness will not work with a 2000 unless i change all the underhood wiring also. I do not have time to change all of that nor wait for a 2 door wiring harness.. found a 2000 four door. Was wondering if i get the correct year to wear it will plug up to my computer if the 4 door wiring harness will work with a 2 door for the time being. i know it will have extra wiring for the two extra doors but everthing under the dash will be the same... correct? The reason i cannot use my old one is because my friend cut the bottom half in two and theres about 20 or so wires that id have to splice together. Im going tomorrow to get it out so a fast response would be awesome! Thank you for your help

Last edited by ratrodsare4ever; 11-24-2012 at 03:21 PM. Reason: more info
Old 11-24-2012, 03:31 PM
Starting Member
nunya is on a distinguished road

Only slightly related but I just recently did a dash replacement in a 97 s10 using a 97 blazer dash as a donor (blazer was a 4 door, s10 is not). The whole harness plugged in but I ran into a bunch of electrical gremlins that ended up with me removing the dash again and re-using the original dash harness from the truck instead of the harness that was in the dash.

Old 11-24-2012, 03:42 PM

I'm just needing it to run.... Lol so it will buy me some time to find the proper harness. Yeah figured out the o2 harness won't work after I stripped everything out already( I know stupid me). Did it run ok? Thanks for the fast reply! Don't wanna be that guy who puts " guess no one knows" or "anyone?" Right after I post.... Lol just need it to run so I can get back and forth to work till next weekend when I can dive back into it

Old 11-24-2012, 04:36 PM
Starting Member
nunya is on a distinguished road

It did have a lightly erratic idle but that could have been multiple factors as I did a bunch of maintenance things at the same time, but I do remember a CEL, Power windows didn't work, the brake light was on dim (I think the 3rd brake light was staying on as well), and the battery was killed overnight. I only drove it through the parking lot of work so I can't honestly answer any true driveability issues. Again, this was just the dash harness as well, not as in depth as your project. Good luck and I hope someone who dove in more along the line of what your doing pops in soon to give you better guidance!

Old 11-24-2012, 05:08 PM

Ok cool deal... Thank you for your input. Has anyone done this on a blazer? I still assume the harness will work ill just have extra wires for the extra two doors and I can just delete them out? Thanks again for any help guys