2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Day time Running light

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 06:43 PM
Esty is on a distinguished road
Default Day time Running light

Ok whats the trick to shutting them off without useing the e-brake 1 click
I ran in to this guy with a 2000 ZR2 like mine just browner and his day lights were off I asked him how he shut them down he told me he needed to sighn a waver at the dealer when he asked if they could diable them
so his are off and his auto lights come on when they need to come on

Old 01-03-2012, 08:10 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

AHL and DRL How To's - S-10 Forum

that should tell ya all you need to know.....ya gotta try search button man...all the best stuff is under it!!

that was courtesy of "drl disable blazer" on google

Old 01-03-2012, 09:42 PM

Lol I have googled it a few times never have I had that come up for me it was always e brake or something like that this looks like a winner to me as long as my lights go on at night bye them selves ill be happy go lucky thank you ill try that this weekend

Old 01-04-2012, 06:47 PM
step66 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have seen this several times here,but a question remains: Just WHY would one want to dis-able this common sense safety factor on your vehicle? In MD they are required,Canada as well! You running drugs or seeing the ministers daughter?lol!

Old 01-04-2012, 07:47 PM

To tell you the truth I dont see the sence in running something that dosent need to be running it puts unnecessary hours on something that dosent need to be on so if i dont want to replace bulds every year im gona shut them down and use them when there needed at night and in tunnels

Now for the AHL to disable them it beyond me I think there great I just hate the DRL I think there silly Are they really required in MD I drive threw threw there alot and there are alot of cars and trucks with there lights off

Old 01-04-2012, 07:52 PM
saab9k is on a distinguished road

wish my 2002 dodge 3500 had lights on all the time

Old 01-05-2012, 04:42 PM
step66 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Esty! The reason those should be on ALL the time is that in varying natual lighting situations and at different times of day: vehicles of many colors actually disappear or blend in to the background color spectrum and may not be readily seen in high traffic areas or on highways with long range visibility. This,in my area,leads to about 5-10 fatals a year in my county alone!On a highway I must drive twice a day! It amazes me how many silver vehicles drive w/o lamps in the rain,they are almost invisible!Add to that the road spray...The point is to be SEEN not to see! And those lamps last YEARS while not taxing the units electrical system in any way! And saab9k: just make it a habit to turn your headlights on everytime you drive your 1 ton! Best to all! step66

Old 01-05-2012, 07:20 PM

Hello step66
Nice to meet you sir just to let you know I live safety I am a 20 vet driver for ups I went from driveing tugs on the tar-rmack with 5 dolys loading 747's to driveing package cars 26' long to now driveing Tractor Trailors with doubles and triples loaded to 80,000 lb All of this and I have held a spot in on the UPS safety team 19.5 of them 20 years and proud of it
There is something we use called the 5 seeing habbits I wont go threw all of them but I will tell you the last of the 5

Make Sure They See You
Communicate in traffic — horn, lights, signals.
Establishes eye-to-eye contact.
“Don’t gamble. Use your horn, lights, and signals.”

this whole thing went off topic and im sorry
I only wanted to shut off my DRL so I dont need to replace my bulbs again and I (me no one els) feel it is unnecessary to run my lights when it is bright and sunny out thats it done
Drl are not required here in PA even if it was standard on the car or truck I want to turn my DRL off

I feel like a kid lol