Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

First Time offroading, ended in a crappy day

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 01:06 AM
TheDesertFox is an unknown quantity at this point
Default First Time offroading, ended in a crappy day

Well, went muddin with 2 friends. Got a little behind and went i caught up they were on the other side of a large watery hole. Well i though if my one friend (geo tracker) made it throught that so can i! We'll he wasnt thinking and waved me through, come to find out he waved me through the wrong hole. So i sunk like a freaking rock, this hole was like 4 feet deep.Water started going over my hood, so i slammed on the breaks, then the water started to pour in around my feet, lucky my friends got me out quick. So now my interior is soaked, lucky i didnt get water into my engine. But my carpet is soaked, the water came up to like my shins. Really Really Sucky day.

I got a vid of me going into the hole,(my passenger took the vid), my friend has it and if i can get it on here in the next couple of days i will, lol u see me go into the hole, slam on my breaks and start cursing frantically and yelling for help. It's quite amusing looking back at the tape.

So anything i should be looking out for now that water has entered my interior?

Old 11-17-2006, 03:24 AM
eslhockey92g is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: First Time offroading, ended in a crappy day

wow it must be a bad week for us blazer and offroading. there a few new post with people having bad luck haha. Desertfox, dont feel to bad i did the EXACT same thing, but i blew my tranny doing it, and flooded a 3 day old jasper motor. I had to gut the int to clean the carpet what a freakin mess.

Old 11-17-2006, 10:55 AM
BF Veteran
user 1016 has a spectacular aura aboutuser 1016 has a spectacular aura about

just get a steam cleaner...you will have to steam the carpets...I had an issue with my truck..not from driving in a puddle.....but...you could also pull up some of the carpet to dry it out....

Old 11-17-2006, 06:12 PM
TheDesertFox is an unknown quantity at this point

yea i ripped the carpet up and found that a lot of the moisture was coming from the padding. So i ripped the really soggy padding out. I left the padding in around the power seat cable and near the tranny. Yea, shes starting to get a little dryer. But on another note i think i f'ed up my power seats, it'll go up/down and forward but not back. Anyone got an idea, is there any manual way to tkae my power seats back. BTW i gotta 1998.

Old 11-18-2006, 01:51 AM
Starting Member
mudsliner is an unknown quantity at this point

well i went offroadin last week and fried my clutch while i was in a hole it took me 20min to get it out with a 2 2wheel drive rangers hooked to me. so that offraodin trip coast me bout 900 dollers