2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

driver door window air draft

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 01:39 PM
punka088 is on a distinguished road
Default driver door window air draft

Hi 1st time on this site so hopefully following the rules correctly, Just bought a 2005 blazer ZR2, with a 3 month warranty, drove home last night and found a coulpe of minor problems, for now just would like any advice on while driving with the window down which is how i like to normally drive in town, there is a very annoying air blast coming right at the back of my head. this truck has a plastic rail rain guard mounted on the top door frame, which terminates at the rear of the door with the molding cureving down which i think acts like a damming effect and directs the air back into the rear of the cab, Anybody have this problem and a cure, was thinking of just takeing it of or drilling holes in plastic end, Thanks Andy

Old 04-17-2015, 02:20 AM
Rusty Nuts is on a distinguished road

Welcome Andy. Congratulations on the new blazer. Opening the vent window at the back seat will change the air flow. My 2 door is the same way.

Old 04-17-2015, 07:04 AM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

Installing those plastic visors to the window frame fixes it too, plus, it keeps water from dripping on the switches for power windows & locks.

Old 04-17-2015, 12:06 PM

Hi Rusty thanks for welcome and reply. !st time ive ever driven one let alone buy one, was looking for a full size pickup for weeks and could not anything good and stumbled on this 2005 silver 140,000 kilometers, always like them, test drove great and could slide my skinny butt into. at 6'1" has great leg and head room, and easy to park. Plus gives a truck driving height I was looking for.

already fixed the only other problems yesterday, Aircondition compressor clutch plug found disconnected, now works great, and found the rattle in the rear as the spare tire rack top hinge bolt or bushing worn enough clank right through into right rear fender mount,

This truck has the visors Captain replied about, I was wondering you do also and if so then opening the rear side window then helps with the air blast, thanks Andy

Old 04-17-2015, 12:12 PM

Hi Captain thanks for reply, I have those plastic visors also, Was thinking if the rear end of those were modified a bit by trimming off the way they curve into a dam like termination that the air would not change direction back into the cab. would like to keep them on as mention being a rain guard, thanks Andy

Old 04-17-2015, 04:19 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

Interesting, what brand are they? I have AVS, (Auto Vent Shade) on both of my 2nd gen blazers, and I haven't noticed what you're referring to. If it does, it doesn't bother me My main concern was keeping the water out of the switches, they ain't cheap.

Old 04-17-2015, 11:12 PM

Yep for sure want to keep them for that reason, effective and add to the look, not sure which type on mine, was manufactured in east USA, but sold in Canada west coast, beginning to live with it but air is directed to left temple. never had any vehicle do that before and also never had the rain guards either.

Was going to make another post looking for ideas for spare wheel cover which i do not have but forget how to do the new post (threads). took a long time to find doing this, getting too old i guess, Andy

Old 04-18-2015, 02:43 AM
Rusty Nuts is on a distinguished road

Yes Andy. Mine has the window visors and I just open the vent window on the driver's side. If not, my hair looks like "bed head" when I get out of the truck.