2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Good Diagram for Fuse Panel - '03

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 10:21 PM
run_girl is on a distinguished road
Default Good Diagram for Fuse Panel - '03

I'm sure this has been asked a few times, but I am looking for a decent diagram for my fuse panel. My driver's side power window stopped working and I wanted to check the fuse first before getting in there and replacing a motor. I guess the better question should be-- is there a fuse for the power windows? The diagram that's on the driver's side panel doesn't show windows, just power locks. Thanks for the help!

Old 08-30-2011, 10:44 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

it should be an aux fuse

are you getting any power to the power window motor plug ?

also tapping on the motor with a hammer might get it working again

it would die again in the future but it would be the cheap fix Lol

Old 08-30-2011, 10:52 PM
run_girl is on a distinguished road

No power. When I press down on the button, I get nothing. The other windows are working though (so, unfortunately, I suspect the motor).

Aux fuse? Where are those?

Old 08-30-2011, 10:56 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

in the fuse box there should be 1 you arent getting power so that means the motors fine

are you testing all the wires in the plug while pressing the switch

Old 08-31-2011, 07:25 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

There is only one power supply for ALL of the windows on your truck and that is the body relay block (under the dash behind the fuse box that is mounted off the left side of the dash) and that is the POWER WINDOW circuit breaker (30A).

With that said, if the problem is localized to the driver side window only, then the problem has to be either in the master switch in the door panel, the wiring down to the motor, or the motor itself. Using the attached diagram, you should be able to test out the switch & wiring by checking the continuity across the noted pins on the master switch as well as from the connector at the motor to the connector at the master switch. You can also test the motor winding resistance. It should be relatively low (a few hundred ohms). If it is really high or reads as an open connection, then the motor is shot.

Gio... I've said it before and I'll say it again... Please do some research before posting...

Attached Thumbnails Good Diagram for Fuse Panel - '03-03_pwr_wdo_sch.gif