2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

No Odom, no A/C, blower, gas gauge

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2019, 08:33 PM
Ruth Jacoby is on a distinguished road
Unhappy No Odom, no A/C, blower, gas gauge

MRS FIX IT is totally frustrated! My 2001 blazer has new ecm, bcm and new a/c- all components.
Cluster checked and has power- all gauges work except fuel and odometer- PRD123 DOES NOT LITE UP.
My husband took out the stereo and we have had these problems since.
All fuses and relays checked. Everything worked before he took out stereo.
Please help!! entire RELAY BOX was checkd by mechanics, needle in haystack

Old 07-07-2019, 05:50 PM
Starting Member
Zenith is on a distinguished road

I know you stated all fuses were checked.

But just to be sure, on the interior fuse box there are two separate fuses for the gauges, 1 for the cluster, 1 for the gauges. maybe double check them or swap them out.

Old 07-07-2019, 09:12 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Did you check the fuses with an Ohm-meter? Just a visual check can miss a fused with a cracked electrical element.

Is the radio still out? I had a similar thing happen once when some nickles that a previous owner (or more likely owner's child) put in the CD player shorted out part of the radio. When the radio was plugged in, it would blow a fuse on the RDO (radio) circuit which would cut power to many of the displays on the dash. I think It also cut off the AC.

Old 07-08-2019, 09:01 AM
Ruth Jacoby is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by christine_208
Did you check the fuses with an Ohm-meter? Just a visual check can miss a fused with a cracked electrical element.

Is the radio still out? I had a similar thing happen once when some nickles that a previous owner (or more likely owner's child) put in the CD player shorted out part of the radio. When the radio was plugged in, it would blow a fuse on the RDO (radio) circuit which would cut power to many of the displays on the dash. I think It also cut off the AC.
Yes, all fuses, fuse feeds, everything under hood, relays etc was checked.
Short seems to be in the steering column. The only thing that doesn't work in the cluster is the fuel gauge, the stereo was removed.
Tracing feed wires in harness by steering column, its seems there is a short that is causing one of the relays to click- turn signal relay
Still fishing for the short, thanks for the info!

Old 07-08-2019, 12:13 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Ruth Jacoby
Yes, all fuses, fuse feeds, everything under hood, relays etc was checked.
Short seems to be in the steering column. The only thing that doesn't work in the cluster is the fuel gauge, the stereo was removed.
Tracing feed wires in harness by steering column, its seems there is a short that is causing one of the relays to click- turn signal relay
Still fishing for the short, thanks for the info!
OK. Yes, a short in the column could be easy to imagine to have happened when reassembling the front panel after removing the radio.

Keep us posted with what you learn.