2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Right spot to pour sea foam? (pics) please verify!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 01:47 AM
Chadoo951 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Right spot to pour sea foam? (pics) please verify!

Ok. I am new to this. And yes I just read every post about sea foam.
So I just went downstairs and looked around for the "vacuum hose" that you guys are talking about that is located above the steering column. That makes a loud hissing noise.

So, I think that I found it. But I wanted to take a couple pictures that you guys could verify for me that what I am about to pour sea foam down is actually the right spot..

so here are the pictures.

Old 05-07-2007, 06:09 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Right spot to pour sea foam? (pics) please verify!

Here's my recommendation from Where to pour Seafoam? Is it safe? - Engine & Internal:
ORIGINAL: swartlkk
If you unplug the MAF sensor (directly after the air box), you will be able to pour it directly down the throttlebody with the engine running. Get the truck up to operating temperature. Then, just dribble it down the throttle body for the first 2/3 to 3/4 of a bottle, keeping the engine running by working the throttle. With the last 1/4 to 1/3 of a bottle, dump it in rather quickly, letting the engine die. Let it sit for 30 minutes to an hour, then start it up and drive it like ya stole it until the exhaust clears.

I would recommend that you change the plugs once the engine cools down a bit.

Old 05-09-2007, 04:58 PM
Starting Member
kerander is an unknown quantity at this point

I keep a spare set of plugs, extra cheapy style, around just for when I use sea foam. Although changing the middle drivers side is a little tricky, the rest are easy andI prefernot tohave to change my plugs each time with new since I run rapidfires (like $3.50 a piece).

= my $.02

Old 05-11-2007, 07:14 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

ORIGINAL: kerander

I keep a spare set of plugs, extra cheapy style, around just for when I use sea foam. Although changing the middle drivers side is a little tricky, the rest are easy andI prefernot tohave to change my plugs each time with new since I run rapidfires (like $3.50 a piece).

= my $.02
Seafoam it only when your plugs are due for a change, then... If your engine gets so carboned up in less time than that... You need more highway trips, lol., though, as long as you're moving, the 4.3 warms pretty quick...