2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

tan sludge on top of rocker cover????

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 10:31 PM
zombiewoof is an unknown quantity at this point
Default tan sludge on top of rocker cover????

Ive just replaced every gasket on the upper engine....the rocker cover on the passenger side has tan coloured sludge on the top of it.....theres nothing on the rockers or in the oil...could this be condensation related to the pcv valve? Im at a loss for an explanation for the possable cause for this...Im not losing coolant and Ive drove about 100 miles since doing the motor work..I replaced the head gasket due to a failure on #5 cylinder...and the sludge is present on the other side..I cleaned the rocker covers on both sides so this is new...the other side is ok...Thanks in advance for your reply...

Old 02-17-2008, 07:03 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: tan sludge on top of rocker cover????

I would just clean it off and move on. It is possible it is from condensation from the incoming air as the passenger side is the fresh air vent side (line that connects to the throttle body intake hat).