2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

tranfer case/tranny not running right HELP!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 10:30 PM
rob1621 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default tranfer case/tranny not running right HELP!!!!!!!!!

Ok so we intsalled a transmission and its all in right, and one of our problems is, that when we start the car and put it in gear, and give it gas, the engine gives it gas, but the car doesnt move for a little bit then starts moving, and its not really smooth. Its like puting it in gear, then i give it gas, the rpms go up slightly then the car starts moving.

My other question is how exactly do you put oil in the transfer case? Cuz i wanted to check the oil in it and i thought i could just check it by taking out one of the big bolts from the bottom, but when i took that out, there was no oil in it so now im confused????

Old 03-26-2008, 10:39 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: tranfer case/tranny not running right HELP!!!!!!!!!

First thing, is the transmission full? You need to check the fluid level with the engine and transmission warmed up, running, in park on a level surface. How long does it take to start moving?

As far as the transfer case goes... There is a fill plug and a drain plug on the back side of the transfer case.

Might have wanted to bump a previous post on your transfer case problems as things may be related between the previous problems and the problems you have now...

Old 03-26-2008, 11:13 PM

ok the transmission is full, and it takes about 1 second to move.

As for the transfer case, what plug are you exactly taking about, cuz i took out one that you have to use an allen wrench on to take out, and there was nothin in it.

Old 03-26-2008, 11:25 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Please put your vehicle information in your signature and attach it to your posts. Had to dig a bit to find out what it was you were driving.

The attached picture should help out... It is for an NVG233 (two speed selectable - non-automatic) transfer case, but the NVG236 is very similar.

Not sure what to tell you on the transmission... Where did the replacement transmission come from?

[IMG]local://upfiles/667/38310B989A3A45C09E01D678BFB65A82.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-27-2008, 12:19 AM

also had another question, if there is too much oil in my transmission, whats the easiest way to get some out?

I have another question, what exactly is the screw/plug for that uses and allen wrench to unscrew it?

Old 03-27-2008, 06:16 AM
Administrator

An "easy" way to remove transmission oil if you are over full... Well, the easiest is to suck it out of the dip stick tube. After that would be to pull a cooler line at the radiator and run some into a suitable container (better be right which side to catch from). By far the easiest would have been if you put in a drain plug.

On the socket headed plug (uses an allen wrench), that all depends on where it came from... Was it one of the locations in the picture I posted above?

I'll ask this question again in case you missed it the first time. Where did this transmission come from?

Old 02-07-2009, 11:51 AM
logan_storrs200 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi i have a 1993 s10 blazer 4 dor 4.3 vortec 4x4 and im stuck in third gear what shouls i do please help please send me an email asap please