2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

What model Blazer do I have?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 03:49 PM
joe
joe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What model Blazer do I have?

It's a 97 and I'm almost sure it's the basic model. The problem is it's in Puerto Rico right now and I can't check. It's a four-door, V6, 2WD and I don't think it's either the LS or the LT. I had someone there go by and check and they said it only says "Blazer" on the vehicle and that there is no LS or LT on it. Most of you guys would know this, but I bought it out of desperation as a work vehicle and haven't really paid attention--until it started acting up. Anyway, I want to buy a replacement multifunction switch for it and I need to know which model it is. So . . .is there anything that tells you DEFINITELY which it is? I'm assuming that if it were the LS or LT it would say it on the body. Any help is appreciated.
By the way, I already replaced the wiper pulse board, which cured all my wiper problems. I replaced the ignition switch module which I THINK fixed my gas gauge trouble. All I know is it started working after I put in the switch. Can't even remember now if the two are related. Can't drive it at night down there because there aren't any tail lights or directionals or brake lights. Top brake light doesn't work either. It's got 98,000 miles on it so I guess some of this stuff should be wearing out by now.

Old 06-22-2007, 05:37 PM
20Blazer00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: What model Blazer do I have?

The easiest way to get information on your Blazer is to get the VIN# and call any GM Service Department and tell them your situation and they can either tell you over the phone or you can go to the Dealer and get a printout of what came with your Blazer. That will tell you whether you have LS or LT...

Old 06-22-2007, 09:04 PM
joe
joe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: What model Blazer do I have?

Thanks Mark. I got the VIN. Tried decoding it by research on the internet and while it gives some useful information, doesn't get that specific. I'll call a Chevy dealer. Amazing what they pack into that number.