2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

100-130 miles to a TANK!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 02:00 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: 100-130 miles to a TANK!

And I never said that the BBB would knock in a home run for ya. But it is a way to get them to do the right thing. Same is true for contacting the district attorney or getting the police involved to actually have them read the letter of the law in the matter at hand.

But I digress, we are getting further from the topic in this thread and I started it, lol. Back to the matter at hand folks.

Mark, who said anything about ethanol??? What bearing does it have on this thread???

Old 10-02-2007, 02:13 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Back on topic? Fair enough - Chad, you've got a bad fuel pump and/ or an external leak. I see these choices:
1.Take it back to AZ and see if they will replace it with a good one.
2.Go buy another one from a different supplier.
3.Take the car to a different mechanic, let him diagnose what the complete problem is and fix it.

Old 10-02-2007, 02:40 PM
20Blazer00 is an unknown quantity at this point

rriddle3 is correct about the BBB it is not an enforcement agency of the Government. I filed a complaint with the BBB a couple years ago about a shop that had rebuilt the engine and tranny of my '86 Nissan P/U, I had to return to the shop at least 3 times for a tranny problem. They claimed that I was abusing the parts, the first time after the rebuild of then tranny they tore into the tranny and found that their mechanic had installed the syncro lockouts backwards to when i shifted into reverse it almost would not come out of gear...that took 3-4 days waiting for parts to get fixed. Then the second time and from then until I sold the truck (after the rebuilt motor fried), down shifting from 3rd to 2nd the gears would grind. Even with bad bearings in the old tranny I never had that problem. They refused to fix it or replace it, I filed a complaint with the BBB. Found out later the shop owner was livid and the rest is history I will never use/recomend him for any work again and he now has a black mark on his business...

Old 10-02-2007, 09:07 PM
Chadoo951 is an unknown quantity at this point

So pretty much if they refuse to give me my money back,

Just casually say something like, "well I'll see what the BBB can do for me"

Something like that? hahaha. I am like roll playing everything out in my head right now.

Just because I hate it when buisnesses try to screw over people who dont look like they know what they are talking about.. But ime learning!
Thanks again
Chad

Old 10-04-2007, 11:51 PM

Well... Got my truck back today. New fuel pump and all. Returned the old fuel pump to autozone and they had no problem with it. So I got the money back for that.

When I got into the truck. It fired right up, like it is suppose to. But the real test is tommaro morning. And then we will see how much better my gas millage is, becase the check valve on the pump was bad. So I think this might be it!

Cant wait to see!

I will let you guys know!

Old 10-05-2007, 06:51 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Very nice! Glad you didn't have any troubles returning it!!

Keep us posted in the AM!

Old 10-05-2007, 01:40 PM

Hey guys!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITS FIXED. Strarted RIGHT up in the morning. No problem. It turned over twice and then is started. It was perfect. I am so happy now.

Lets just hope that nothing else goes wrong with my car now... except the tires. I have pretty much have slicks on my tires.

Thank you guys. You really helped me. Ill keep you posted about what else goes wrong. lol

Thanks again
Chad

Old 10-18-2007, 03:51 PM

Well, my truck starts in the mornings now no problem. But the gas mileage is still pretty bad.

Right now I am getting anywhere from 45-70 miles for a half of a tank.

And I dont think that thats good/normal. Do you guys have any ideas of why im still getting rotten gas Mileage

Old 10-18-2007, 05:03 PM
gocartone is an unknown quantity at this point

Well first off how many gallons are you putting in? Don't trust the fuel gauges for an accurate reading. How do you drive you truck? 4.5 to 7mpg is crazy low milage. Are the tires at the right air pressure, air filter/plugs/exhaust and all that good?

Old 10-19-2007, 01:03 AM

Yeah, my tires are at 50 psi. Thats what the tires say, and im pretty sure that is what you go by, not what is inside the door.

And I put 20 bucks in to get half of a tank. and gas here when I filled up was 2.95

Now its ****in 3.12 this week.

so lets see. Aroud 6.77 gallons of fuel.. I dont know how many gallons my tank holds,

But I drive a 99 4X4 4DR 4.3L Vortec engine.
hmm. 6.77 gallons doesent sound like half of a tank to me. But I know that when my gas needle is on the last dash before the E on the gas guage, my gas light goes on. So I dont know. What do you think?
Thanks,
Chad

Quick Reply: 100-130 miles to a TANK!