2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

1995 blazer starts faster when jump started with another car

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 10:07 AM
UberFail is on a distinguished road

if you pull the fuel pump relay eventually its going to starve for fuel regardless if there's a bad sensor or anything else because the fuel pressure is non existant after the relay is gone and the pump is off.

Old 11-28-2010, 10:51 AM
Starting Member
01BlackBeauty is on a distinguished road

The symptoms you describe could all be related to a lack of maintanance. If the battery doesn't have a full charge and/or the terminals are dirty they will be a high resistance point in the circuit. Jumping the vehicle provides the additional amperage required for the engine to start. Once the engine has been running the alternator puts a surface charge on the battery which is probably why it restarts on its own. As previously mentioned, have the battery checked and charged if needed. An alternator will not charge a battery so don't rely upon it to bring the batery back up to full charge. Clean your battery cables and make sure there is a clean, secure connection at the starter solenoid and where the negative cable terminates to ground. If you have a DMM you may also want to check the cables for resistance. Corrosion can form on the cable (under the insulation) and reduce the amount of amperage reaching the starter. The oil pressure gauge showing no pressure on initial start up is normal. The fuel pump priming when you turn the key on should supply sufficient fuel for the engine to start and build up oil pressure so the pressure switch can supply power to the pump. Again, as previously mentioned the fuel filter may be restricting flow and might need to be replaced. Personally, I'm leaning towards the battery/cables as the problem.

Old 11-29-2010, 12:35 PM
Beginning Member
bommaritomike is on a distinguished road

so i just took off fuel filter and i think it was the original fuel filter cause it is black and also the guy has two rubber lines conecting to the fuel filter guessing he broke the gas line so could that cause it to not have enough pressure?

Old 11-29-2010, 02:30 PM
chevytruckdood is on a distinguished road

blargh this is same issue im having ........... but a leak in my fuel system? im still getting the same milage i was getting after i first bought it i know ive only had it for two month but for the past month ive been putting on 800 miles a week.... and my mileage has stayed a good 17...

Old 11-29-2010, 06:06 PM
Beginning Member
bommaritomike is on a distinguished road

so i change fuel filter today starts quicker now but still don't want to start up on first try but was kinda warm out side today so going let it sit over night and see if still have hard time starting.