2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

1995 ideling problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 01:43 PM
Beginning Member
SlickBlazer is on a distinguished road

every thing checked out to be ok have no other ideas of what could be caucusing the idling problem

Old 07-07-2011, 01:46 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

what kind of truck is it ? is it a 4.3 vortec engine?

oh i didn't see the 1st page .. hows the iac valve look?

Old 07-07-2011, 01:59 PM
Beginning Member

it is new was a little dirty i cleaned it and put it back together and no change still wont idle not a single mis when reved

Old 07-07-2011, 02:11 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

did you check your cat converter? got any ces codes?

Old 07-07-2011, 02:12 PM
2002XTREME is an unknown quantity at this point

I know i say this on alot of posts, but when was the last time ya changed the fuel filter? If it is starting to clog up from junk from the tank, it will cause less gas flow and more than likely cause the problem your having. I rec fixed a friends blazer and the gas filter was the problem with idling problems and surging. try that it only cost around $10 for a new one and its east enuff to do your self.. If your not familiar with where it is located its in the frame rail under the drivers side of the truck.. good luck.

Old 07-07-2011, 02:25 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by SlickBlazer
I did the furel chekc pressuree holds steady at 58 and does not drop EGR is actuall fairly new and cleaned and also cleaned the ideal idle control valve any other ideas
Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
did you check your cat converter? got any ces codes?
there is no codes and how would i check the cat

The filter looks new but i dont know how long it was on there before i got it so i will change it and try that also

Old 07-12-2011, 08:26 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by SlickBlazer
The filter looks new but i dont know how long it was on there before i got it so i will change it and try that also
I got the blazer idling i unplugged the O2 sensor behind the cat and it start and idles what could that mean ? the cat need to be changed or should change the o2 sensors first then go from there

Old 07-12-2011, 08:27 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

That doesn't make any sense. The post-cat O2 sensor is a catalyst monitor only... It does not have anything to do with engine operation.

Old 07-12-2011, 08:30 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by swartlkk
That doesn't make any sense. The post-cat O2 sensor is a catalyst monitor only... It does not have anything to do with engine operation.
ok that s what i was wondering but was not sure could that mean there is another problem that would cause that

Old 07-12-2011, 08:38 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Unless there was a problem with that sensor that affected the ground source for the upstream sensor. But that is out there...

What experience do you have at diagnosing electrical problems?

Quick Reply: 1995 ideling problem