Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-s-series-1995-2005-tech-41/)
-   -   1995 ideling problem (https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-s-series-1995-2005-tech-41/1995-ideling-problem-60407/)

SlickBlazer 07-12-2011 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by swartlkk (Post 445535)
Unless there was a problem with that sensor that affected the ground source for the upstream sensor. But that is out there...

What experience do you have at diagnosing electrical problems?

I have very little other then wireing in radios and sub systems not very much if any diagnsies

SlickBlazer 07-18-2011 12:58 PM

ok i check the iac tps and egr and cleaned the cap and rotor and all the plugs gas pressure hold at 58 for 1hr + check the resistance on the map sensor as well what else could be causing the problem

SlickBlazer 07-21-2011 10:20 AM

tuning valve and idling help

I have a 1995 vortec it wont idle at all until it reaches operating temperature then idles fine i have checked fuel pressure it is good no drop in pressure checked the iac it clean and moves cleaned the egr and tps have new ngk wires and plugs all correct gap was wondering how to remove the tuning valve to check for fuel inside the intake or any ideas why it wont idle when cold or until operating temperature is reached . Some times it will even stop idling after operating temp is reached and it been idling for a while
ANY IDEALS WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED :icon_no:

swartlkk 07-21-2011 10:27 AM

If you do not have a loss of pressure once the fuel pump shuts off, I doubt you have a leak inside the plenum. But if you still want to check, you start by removing the trim cover on top of the intake manifold (requires a T30 bit). Then there should be 2 T20 bolts that hold the MTV in place in the upper plenum.

When you say that it won't idle... What does it do? High idle? Stall?

SlickBlazer 07-21-2011 10:39 AM

it spits and sputters pops and stalls have to hold the throttle and rpm around 200 till engine reaches temp then i can let off gas give it a give shoot of gas the rpm will go up and down abit then they will shoot up to 3000, hold there by itself and slowly come down till it reaches idle rpm by them self .It revs fine above 2000 rpm and will run perfe3ct when it idles . i have unplugged the o2 in front of cat and it seem to help a bit not much tho

swartlkk 07-21-2011 10:59 AM

*Merging with previous thread on this subject* I knew this sounded familiar... Please keep things together so there is no duplication of recommendations or asking for information that you might have already provided. One thread per problem, so to say.

SlickBlazer 07-21-2011 11:00 AM

ok sorry forgot i posted this already

swartlkk 07-21-2011 11:02 AM

Did you end up replacing the catalytic converter? From one of your older posts when you couldn't get it started, you said that it backfired and blew a hole in the exhaust ahead of the catalytic converter...

SlickBlazer 07-21-2011 11:06 AM

no i did not , i dont want to just throw money and part at it hoping it fixes it if i and almost 100% sure then that fine . is there any way to test to see if it is the cat cuz it dont make sense to me the whole situtaion lol

swartlkk 07-21-2011 11:08 AM

If you never fixed the hole in the exhaust, it could be throwing off the upstream O2 sensor readings causing the PCM to think that the exhaust is lean when it is too rich. While it may not be the cause of your whole situation, it all can add up to a poor running vehicle. All details are pertinent.