2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

2000 blazer live data

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 12:39 PM
2ToneS10 is on a distinguished road
Default 2000 blazer live data

I have a 2000 Blazer LT 4x4 and I am looking for someone that knows what the live engine data should be on it. I am having problems with acceleration and have changed quite a few things so far and its getting kinda expensive doing it that way. I have a code reader I can hook up to it and look at the live data and I am sure i would narrow the problem down if I just knew what the normal values are supposed to be. any help would be awesome im really frustrated by this point. Thanks

Things I have changed:
Fuel filter
oil and oil filter
pcv valve
plugs and wires
cap and rotor button
cleaned and re oiled k&n air filter
donut gaskets(which helped quite a bit)

Old 09-03-2010, 12:50 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but even if I were to paste in data from my old Bravada, it may not help you one bit. Live sensor data can be quite different from one vehicle/location/climate/etc to the next. It is really difficult to compare data in such a manner and as such, could send you on wild goose chases.

But maybe we can help in another way. What are the symptoms? Are there any codes? Have you gone through and cleaned the MAF Sensor or EGR Valve? Tested the fuel pressure?

Old 09-04-2010, 07:40 AM
2ToneS10 is on a distinguished road

Just the po440 evap code. I have cleaned the maf sensor and actually switched it out with one from one of my fathers blazers that works great and made no difference. I have not none anything with the egr valve though. one thing it does is when i start it up in the morning until the oil pressure gets to 40 when im on the highway and am slowing down or coming down a little hill it jerks really bad. but that problem is recent. the code reader i was using on it was really only for up to 1999 vehicles but i figured it would work with my 2000 because from what i heard there not much difference if there is any difference at all. under 30 or 35 acceleration is fairly slow but once i hit that speed it takes off pretty good. tranny was rebuilt about 2 or 3 years ago. I am starting to lean more towards an 02 sensor.