2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

2000 blazer sport utility upper noise and runs rough.

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2015, 04:25 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

^^^ Good advice right there! All of it! ^^^

Last edited by Captain Hook; 01-12-2015 at 04:29 PM.
Old 01-13-2015, 10:49 PM
Beginning Member
ooseven is on a distinguished road

Well I think I have bad news. Pressure check is 60 psi and only 3 psi lose. And stays just below 60 psi cranking. So I take it it is blown. Unless some one has some other idea.

I made an add on craigslist and got an reply today:

HELLO IM GREG FROM GIAUTO PARTS I CAN GET YOU A MOTOR WITH 80,000 MILES FOR 450 DOLLARS AND THAT ALSO INCLUDES SHIPPING TO YOUR LOCATION AND HAS A 90 DAY WARRANTY IF INTERESTED LET ME KNOW OK AND TY.
GIAUTOPARTS

Does anybody hear of this guy? Sounds like a good price I believe.

Waiting for response.

Last edited by ooseven; 01-14-2015 at 09:21 AM.
Old 01-13-2015, 11:48 PM
Beginning Member

OK here something. I had my son change oil the other day. But I just added 1 gal. Just to flush it out and to lower the oil sense it was so much in there. It did smoothen it it out some. But did not show on dip stick. I just had him check it again, still does not show on dip stick. I know it takes 5 qts but 4 qts should show on the dip stick Yes/No?

Old 01-14-2015, 02:57 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by ooseven
OK here something. I had my son change oil the other day. But I just added 1 gal. Just to flush it out and to lower the oil sense it was so much in there. It did smoothen it it out some. But did not show on dip stick. I just had him check it again, still does not show on dip stick. I know it takes 5 qts but 4 qts should show on the dip stick Yes/No?
And just had him take the dip stick out and it smells like gas big time. Now what? Head gasket? If fuel pressure good and holding mmmmmm

Old 01-14-2015, 03:01 PM
Beginning Member

And just had him take the dip stick out and it smells like gas big time. Now what? Head gasket? Fuel pressure good and holding mmmmmm

Old 01-14-2015, 03:10 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

Head gasket will not cause that. Check the link in post #5.

Old 01-14-2015, 03:31 PM
Beginning Member

Now there is no pressure. Can hear the fuel I believe engaging in there. Will not even move the needle. I'm going to take the intake off. Must be in there.

Old 01-14-2015, 03:33 PM

Follow the steps in this link and it will take you to the problem: https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-ge...eakdown-88305/

Old 01-14-2015, 04:01 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by Captain Hook
Follow the steps in this link and it will take you to the problem: https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-ge...eakdown-88305/
Done this last night. Had 60 psi and leaked 5, 56 psi cranking. Now it has no pressure at all. None zero. Smell a lot of gas on oil stick. I'm digging down to the spider. Has to be there less the pump decided to give out. But I hear something around the spider area when activating the fuel pump.

P.S.
I did read through post five link. That is why this post is being made. Pressure last night none today.

Old 01-14-2015, 04:17 PM

Nowhere in the link does it mention checking pressure while cranking. All pressure readings are taken with the key on, and the engine off.

When the pump activates, you should hear the fuel rushing through the pressure regulator, which is inside the plenum.

Quick Reply: 2000 blazer sport utility upper noise and runs rough.