2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

2000 Trailblazer

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 06:39 PM
Skezix is on a distinguished road
Default 2000 Trailblazer

Hey all, thanks for having me..

I recently about a year ago picked up this 2000 for my daughter, it was basically totaled and it took some work but I came out on top! Anyhow.. Recently I did a full tune up, runs like a top.. Yesterday I changed the oil.. When removing the oil cap it felt like I might have broke loose the fill tube, if that is possible? Just a detail I figured I would toss in.. Anyhow

Currently and suddently after oil change I am getting a slight white smoke out of pass side rear engine.. Daughter states when the heater is on and she is driving she will leave a cloud out the right side of the car.. Sounds like water to me.. I have read tons of threads but was hoping someone might have a quick answer before I go start looking.. No smoke in cab, I did replace the heater core also, with the help from these forums

Anyhow.. intake gasket is what it sounds like from reading but I am really not sure, it would be very odd that just one day after an oil change this issue pops up.. She says it smokes when heater is on, no smoke when its off.. ?? Anyhow thank you in advance.

Reid

Old 11-13-2013, 08:32 PM
spittybays

Well before ya get all ya tools out.
Sound's like you most likely got of easy. Hope you just cracked the oil fill tube and it's just dripping and smoking someplace. Remove it, inspect for crack's, replace if needed. Gently clean the engine with motor bright or some such product.
I hope not to come off sounding like a misogynist, I have found that what daughters state can tend to run on the dramatic side.
If it's not that come back and we will hook you up.

Welcome by the way!

Old 11-14-2013, 02:23 PM
Skezix is on a distinguished road

Yes daughters can make things worse than they really are.. Yet apon further inspection... eerrrrr I have antifreeze coming out of the last valve cover bolt on the pass side.. odd thing is I have no water in the oil (at this point)..

Does that indeed put me towards an intake gasket? Its odd to me that I am getting antifreeze there, I am an old bigblock guy so pretty new to this vortec engine.. would that indicate the intake or even possibly the head gasket..?

I would assume I should replace the spider also while I am in there? This thing only has 135k on it and runs like a dream..

If indeed I have to do a gasket of course felpro.. If its of the opinion to do the injectors while I am in there what should I look for? (keep in mind a budget)..

Thanks for your input and your welcome..

Reid

Old 11-14-2013, 02:56 PM
spittybays

Unless something is leading you to believe there is a problem I would leave them alone and just do the LIM gaskets. Also head gasket problems are very rare on these.

The spyder injector unit is so easy to change that you can leave it as a stand alone project if need be.

I think there's a write up in the diy section for the LIM's, just remember to crank the engine with a wrench to the timing marks on the balancer up front. The distributor should point at the six before you remove it.

https://blazerforum.com/forum/tech-a...-timing-24373/

Last edited by spittybays; 11-14-2013 at 03:09 PM.