2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

2002 blazer xtreme, o2 sensors

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2019, 06:28 PM
Beginning Member
Abbyblzrxtreme is on a distinguished road

Hey!
First of all, thank you Rock18 for the insight about my K&N filter, and for the quick response. I lightly oiled it and let it dry almost 2 hours, in the sun, before putting it back in.
So, Then I connected the battery after everything was back in place I.e. MAF and Air filter, and the blazer started, so I took it for a spin around the block about twice, and I noticed it was idling a little bad, it has always idled fine, and when I pulled up and put it in park, it died. It started up again just fine, and I let it idle for a bit. I heard that when you clean the MAF, it may take the computer a min to recalibrate or whatever. So, Im going to drive it around some more and I will check and make sure everything is tight and theres no new air is getting in or loosely connected pipe or something. and Yes the MAF is plugged in ...lol you never know right. Lets hope driving it more fixes the problem.

Also, Thanks LesMyer for showing me the emissions check list, that is super cool, I wish I had one. Then I would know exactly when to go in . No, the emissions place didn't tell me where i was at, they said there was no information (He said did you unplug your battery?) and for me to drive around and come back later and they could tell me if i was making progress, cause I told them I changed out the 02s. When I go back to emissions I will ask him which readiness monitor(s) haven't completed. I just unplug the battery, so Ill be starting all over again lol.

So, today I'll drive it around, as much as possible and see what happens. Unless it keeps stalling then I don't want to drive to far. Maybe, I just need a new MAF? Will see.

One last thing, I have noticed that it takes awhile to go from 1st to 2nd, its a automatic..and that first gear takes some time. It seems like that got little worse as well. Perhaps. Maybe I am tripping !!!

Ok just keeping y'all updated, cause your advice has been invaluable to me during this process. As always, Thank you!!!
~Abby

Last edited by Abbyblzrxtreme; 02-21-2019 at 06:43 PM.
Old 02-21-2019, 08:20 PM
Beginning Member
Lightbulb Blazer is running great!

OK! I took it on a drive to the store and the idling problem has fixed itself. To be honest it is running better then ever! I'm so stoked... Next Ill drive it for a week and see if the CEL comes back on and see if I can pass emissions. Things are looking good.
Thank you thank you thank you!!!
Ill post again after I pass emissions or if I end up having more issues lol.
Take is easy
~Abby

Old 02-22-2019, 03:26 AM
Mike.308 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by LesMyer
Yes, I know. Abby has an iPhone [...].
Oh crap. I bear in mind she has an android based cellphone, therefore I've opposed.
Anyway I am glad to hear things are sorted by now Good job Abby!

Old 02-22-2019, 01:44 PM
LesMyer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Abbyblzrxtreme
OK! I took it on a drive to the store and the idling problem has fixed itself. To be honest it is running better then ever! I'm so stoked... Next Ill drive it for a week and see if the CEL comes back on and see if I can pass emissions. Things are looking good.
Thank you thank you thank you!!!
Ill post again after I pass emissions or if I end up having more issues lol.
Take is easy
~Abby
Good idea to wait and see! MAF cleaning and cleaning air filter may have done the trick! At this point there is no evidence you have anything that needs to be fixed! Time and that SES light will tell. If it still hasn't completed this emissions readiness tests in 1 week, be sure to have them identify which ones haven't run yet so we can advise. Best wishes!

Old 02-22-2019, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mike.308
Oh crap. I bear in mind she has an android based cellphone, therefore I've opposed.
Anyway I am glad to hear things are sorted by now Good job Abby!
Yeah my wife used to have an iPhone too! Phone is OK but I said no to the cost when ATT stopped giving I-phones free with our expensive contract (expected us to pay several hundred + expensive contract). Now we just buy our own Androids as unlocked devices when new, and have a discount carrier with "bring your own phones" at less than 1/2 the previous cost of an iPhone on ATT. That way I can use my phone on any carrier if my current one irritates me too much. Carriers like to limit their own locked cell phones to their particular frequencies so they don't work well on other carriers (after your contract is up). The originally unlocked ones from the cell phone maker tend to have all the frequencies for all carriers without limits.

I thought Eastern Europe was big on iPhone, but I also believe they do not offer contracts to defray cost of phones like they do in the USA! My nephew in Ukraine thinks they are the only cool thing to have and likes to run down all Androids. Unfortunately he cannot afford later iPhones and has to settle for using an old one.

The cost for top line cell phones now is way out of hand...…. there is absolutely NO WAY I would EVER pay $1000 for a phone. That's just crazy!!

Last edited by LesMyer; 02-22-2019 at 02:33 PM.
Old 02-22-2019, 05:05 PM
Beginning Member

I feel you. I went ahead and bought my iPhone 6s from Apple as a refurbished phone, cause I wanted to own my phone and be able to go to any carrier. I think I paid around $500 ! Yet, this was over a year ago and I still haven't left AT&T (like I planned on). My bill is $70-$80 bucks a month and I think that is too high. When this phone goes, maybe I'll switch over to something else, cause that is a good chunk of change. I really only go with iPhone cause Ill my computers are Apple. I heard Walmart has a carrier, I forget the name but you get 2 lines a month for like $60.00 and its unlimited everything, or like 50gb data or something crazy like that. AT&T only gives me like 3 or 5 smh. Plus, you can bring your own phone too.

I took the truck on the freeway today, same deal- at first it seemed like it was taking a while to accelerate and stuff, but towards the end of the drive it was getting a lot better. That was the first run on the freeway, so again, hopefully just computer stuff sorting itself out.

When I go to emissions Ill post what they say, I probably won't go for a few more days. Try to drive around as much as possible.

Have a good day!
~Abby

Old 02-22-2019, 05:13 PM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

Good to hear the o2 sensors worked out...

Old 02-22-2019, 05:15 PM
Mike.308 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by LesMyer
Yeah my wife used to have an iPhone too! Phone is OK but I said no to the cost when ATT stopped giving I-phones free with our expensive contract (expected us to pay several hundred + expensive contract). Now we just buy our own Androids as unlocked devices when new, and have a discount carrier with "bring your own phones" at less than 1/2 the previous cost of an iPhone on ATT. That way I can use my phone on any carrier if my current one irritates me too much. Carriers like to limit their own locked cell phones to their particular frequencies so they don't work well on other carriers (after your contract is up). The originally unlocked ones from the cell phone maker tend to have all the frequencies for all carriers without limits.

I thought Eastern Europe was big on iPhone, but I also believe they do not offer contracts to defray cost of phones like they do in the USA! My nephew in Ukraine thinks they are the only cool thing to have and likes to run down all Androids. Unfortunately he cannot afford later iPhones and has to settle for using an old one.

The cost for top line cell phones now is way out of hand...…. there is absolutely NO WAY I would EVER pay $1000 for a phone. That's just crazy!!
I've heard from a marketing expert some years ago, that people aren't buying an iPhone, what they actually buy is a "Steve Jobs". As a curiosity, my sister who is spending a recent years working in Vietnam says for example, that people there judge You by Your cellphone. If You have an old iPhone then You're not cool. And if You don't own an iPhone at all, then You hardly suck and people disrespect You. I wouldn't be surprised if that makes her to use the iPhone.

A twenty years ago or so, when the cellphone market was emerging in Poland, the prices were cosmic, and all the cellphones sold on the market were "simlocked" to be used in one carrier's network. Removing these simlocks was a good business that time. I still should have somewhere my old collection of a programming cables. Nowadays a cellphone for me is nothing else but an utility. As far as it can receive incoming calls and emails, it is OK. These super-duper offers if extra-rare-limited-editions sound like an extra offer for the limited golden screwdriver with a diamond on top. Tool is a tool. I've lost my focus on the cellphone market, I don't even know what is trendy these days and what is the newest version of the iPhone. I'd rather choose a phone that allows replacing the battery in future than the one that doesn't, cause for my use, the mobile can serve me for a couple of years. This criteria would fit me as an android user, which I am. On the other hand I don't mind people getting these shiny new toys, they must have their reasons. I am just unable to appreciate,

Sorry Abby for the offtopic :P Come back anytime and do not hesitate to interrupt us or join the offtopic discussion

Old 02-23-2019, 06:09 PM
Beginning Member

For sure! Im digging the blazer forum lol I've been checking it more then my email . I've been checking out other threads too, super helpful and fun.

Old 02-28-2019, 02:28 PM

oops - sorry rock18. I hit Edit instead of quote and couldn't get your message back in the end. A brain fart.

Abby, what is the verdict? Did the SES light stay off all week? Did you take it in for the smog check again yet?

Quick Reply: 2002 blazer xtreme, o2 sensors