2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

2002 Chevy Blazer No Start except with starting fluid

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 09:49 AM
bluecherry2002 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy 2002 Chevy Blazer No Start except with starting fluid

I am a new member and I have a 2002 Chevy Blazer 2 wheel drive with a V6 that will not start. I am trying to post and can not find where or how.

I have replaced everything. And I do mean everything.

Fuses, fuel pump and sensor, fuel filter, cleared all codes and fixed them, replaced alternator, water pump, radiator, computer and had it flashed, cam sensor, crank sensor, tested all of the sensors I could find, spark plugs, rotor, and cap, battery. Fuel injectors have been checked with a noid tester they are working fine. Fuel pressure has been checked it is at 60psi. I don't know what else to do.

But when you spray starter fluid into the plenum it starts.

Please help.......

Old 08-24-2012, 09:52 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

As stated in the 'sticky' at the top of the mechanical section, you must choose the appropriate subsection to post in. In this case, that subsection would be the '2nd Gen Tech' section; to which I will move this thread & rename it so we can continue this discussion there.

About your problem, I would start with a fuel pressure test as described in the tech article section. Even though you replaced the pump, it may not be putting out the required pressure.

Old 08-24-2012, 10:00 AM
Default Admin

Thank you for moving my thread. I did a fuel pressure test when I replaced the fuel pump and it is at the right PSI. But it still will not start.

Old 08-24-2012, 10:16 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Please double check & post the results of the pressure & leak down test here. Best to make sure that it is correct than to chase after ghosts in the machine that may not exist.

What brand of pump did you install?

Old 08-24-2012, 10:40 AM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

You should also check your battery and charging system with a load tester. I currently have a weak pump that appears to be at the proper pressure until I start to crank the engine, then the PSI drops as the voltage drops (I also have a weak battery) making the engine just crank without catching. As soon as I connect a booster pack the truck it fires right up on the first crank because the electrical system stays at a higher voltage, allowing the weak pump to hold sufficient pressure.

Old 08-24-2012, 11:26 AM
Default battery

The load test is not a bad idea eventhough it is a new battery. I have cranked it and charged it a lot the car has been down for a month. I will also check the fuel pressure again as well.