2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

2004 4x4 4 door blazer problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2021, 02:36 PM
BF Veteran
GeorgeLG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Metalmaniac
Its not like they pop back open or anything. It just doesn't stay locked. meaning that it looks like it is locked but I can open the door without trying to unlock my doors and the alarm goes off.
So the problem is that the door never locks properly in the first place even though you hear the motor engage? Drivers door or all 4 doors? Does it do the same thing if you lock it with the door switch on the inside of the drivers door?

George

Old 03-24-2021, 03:46 PM
Beginning Member
Metalmaniac is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by GeorgeLG
So the problem is that the door never locks properly in the first place even though you hear the motor engage? Drivers door or all 4 doors? Does it do the same thing if you lock it with the door switch on the inside of the drivers door?

George
yup. all 4 doors. I can hear something engage but i guess it just does not lock properly. I can open all 4 doors and they are supposed to be locked.

Old 03-24-2021, 04:14 PM
BF Veteran

Your remote (lets say) is transmitting and the truck is receiving the signal because you can hear the door lock motors engage and then all 4 doors do not lock correctly?

If I have this right then you most likely have a wiring, connector, power, ground or relay problem because your lock motors do not completely lock the doors and its virtually impossible for all 4/5 motors to be failing at the same time. Let me know if you need help debugging but you may be in for a project on this one.

George

Last edited by GeorgeLG; 03-24-2021 at 09:56 PM.
Old 03-28-2021, 09:41 PM
Beginning Member

Your remote (lets say) is transmitting and the truck is receiving the signal because you can hear the door lock motors engage and then all 4 doors do not lock correctly?

If I have this right then you most likely have a wiring, connector, power, ground or relay problem because your lock motors do not completely lock the doors and its virtually impossible for all 4/5 motors to be failing at the same time. Let me know if you need help debugging but you may be in for a project on this one.

George
yes all 4 doors do not lock correctly. I noticed today that while driving my locks keep trying to lock. I know my doors are sagging and i make sure they are closed all the way before driving so it should engage right? It is kind of annoying that while driving it keeps trying to lock. Im not sure how to fix my doors yet either. I fixed my issue with the dome lights and my AC is fixed now I just need to figure out the lock and door situation. The keyfob still works obviously because my car does the locking and unlocking sounds. It just doesnt lock properly and all the doors are still open.

Old 03-28-2021, 10:35 PM
BF Veteran

The question then is this:

The doors never completely lock or they lock correctly but they keep spontaneously unlocking?

George

Old 03-29-2021, 12:20 PM
Beginning Member

The question then is this:

The doors never completely lock or they lock correctly but they keep spontaneously unlocking?

George
It looks like it physically locks but I can still open the door so I guess it doesn't lock all the way or its just not locking. Not really sure how else to explain this. Also I got a picture of what I was talking about a few days ago. It looks like the person who owned the vehicle before me welded on a piece of metal to this hinge I believe its called.

Old 03-29-2021, 12:50 PM
BF Veteran

That's the strike plate. The original most likely got damaged from the sagging door being slammed shut. The fix is the hinge pin bushing replacement.

After an electronic lock command is the manual slider on the inside of the door all the way over to the lock position? If not can you finish the process by manually moving that slider?

George

Old 03-29-2021, 01:41 PM
Beginning Member

That's the strike plate. The original most likely got damaged from the sagging door being slammed shut. The fix is the hinge pin bushing replacement.

After an electronic lock command is the manual slider on the inside of the door all the way over to the lock position? If not can you finish the process by manually moving that slider?

George
The lock command is all the way down to the lock position yes. where can I find some videos on hinge pin replacements so I can go ahead and fix my doors?

Old 03-29-2021, 01:52 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by Metalmaniac
The lock command is all the way down to the lock position yes. where can I find some videos on hinge pin replacements so I can go ahead and fix my doors?
Post #9 in this thread.

Old 03-29-2021, 02:26 PM
Beginning Member

Post #9 in this thread.
okay. The replacement will help with the sagging right? What all would I need if i want to do all 4 doors?

Quick Reply: 2004 4x4 4 door blazer problems