2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

2wd jimmy oil pan removal

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2023 | 11:25 PM
|
Starting Member
jimmy_for_ever is on a distinguished road
Exclamation 2wd jimmy oil pan removal

Hello everybody

I decide to replace oil pan gasket and oil pump of my 2wd 00 jimmy but the problem was oil pan never come out after I lift up the engine the oil pan was stuck between cross bar and transmission. When I try to drop it down it hit in the chassis cross bar and if I want to pull it out from rear side it hit in the transmission.

Can anyone give me a solution to my problem?

thank you

Old 12-16-2023 | 06:48 PM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough

The only way the pan will come out is by removing the engine first.. (FSM Method). The oil pan gasket can be replaced but it is difficult. You have the fish one side of the gasket past the pick up screen or split the gasket and reseal the gasket with RTV. If you need to replace the pump the engine has to come out. If you have some help and an engine hoist it is not that hard to pull the engine. The hardest part is removing the upper bell housing bolts. I ended up removing the driveshaft, trans crossmember and tilting the trans down to gain access using a long extension and a swivel socket. I know this is a real PIA just to remove the oil pan.

Old 12-17-2023 | 06:34 AM
LannyL81 will become famous soon enough

And here I thought having a 4wd Blazer was more difficult to drop the oil pan; separate upper ball joints, tie rod ends, remove steering gear box and pitman arm, then drop the front differential down in order to get the oil pan off.
Guess not!

Old 12-29-2023 | 02:15 AM
|
Starting Member
jimmy_for_ever is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mr.vls
The only way the pan will come out is by removing the engine first.. (FSM Method). The oil pan gasket can be replaced but it is difficult. You have the fish one side of the gasket past the pick up screen or split the gasket and reseal the gasket with RTV. If you need to replace the pump the engine has to come out. If you have some help and an engine hoist it is not that hard to pull the engine. The hardest part is removing the upper bell housing bolts. I ended up removing the driveshaft, trans crossmember and tilting the trans down to gain access using a long extension and a swivel socket. I know this is a real PIA just to remove the oil pan.

Hi

Currently I am trying to remove the transmission outside and then pulling oil pan from rear side