2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

4x4 help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 06:55 PM
ahumann is on a distinguished road
Exclamation 4x4 help!!!

I have a 2000 4x4 LT blazer, with the 4 button switch, bought it a few months ago used and the 4x doesn't work, thinking its the TCCM but wanted to see if any of you had any ideas before i do that, now whats going on is for a split second all the lights will come on when the car is turned on, but then will go to 2hi (or lo i cant remember atm lol) anyways if one of the other buttons are pushed it just blinks and goes back, but then at random times while driving all the lights will come on and you can hear and feel the 4x4 (or so we believe) trying to engage, and we can hear the TCCM clicking, but other than that nothing, we currently have the #3 fuse pulled because when we put it in the TCCM started to smoke (like wtf??) but the service 4x4 was on before the fuse was pulled, and the fuse for my cigar lighter keeps blowing, and the adjustment buttons and heated seats wont work for either side oinly the lumbar support, and lastly the rear wiper isnt working, dont know if these are related but maybe y'all could help me figure these things out, thanks!

Old 02-20-2011, 09:12 AM
TouringMike is on a distinguished road

The lights flashing, then returning to to the previous selection at first sounds like a vacuum problem, as in no vacuum to engage the right axle actuator. But, the smoking from the control module tells me you have a problem there. Now, this could be related to either the module itself, or the transfer case motor is froze, and is not turning the shaft on the transfer case. Does the fuse for the TCM blow when the TCCM smokes?
Either way, I'd say your control module is shot (once it smokes, you destroyed something internal). Replace that, then take the TC motor off and see if it turns once the new TCCM is installed.
To see if the other problems are related, disconnect the TCCM black connector (power plug), re-install the #3 fuse and see if your cigar lighter/seats work. If not, you have shorted (melted from the smoking) wires .

Last edited by TouringMike; 02-20-2011 at 09:14 AM.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:58 PM
ahumann is on a distinguished road

well, took the TCCM out and tried a new fuse, and it blew instantly. the connections were also corroded so we cleaned them, still going to get a new one later this week though, corrosion is never a good thing but any ideas on the fuse?

UPDATE:
Just found out that the TCCM isnt smoking, its a wire right next to it, melting... which after doing a buttload of searching on here, i found that it is the CRUISE fuse #3 wire (or so we believe, its the brown one), now its just finding why its smoking and melting, as we have started to trace it and have found (sorry to sound stupid) a blocky lookin thing that says DELHPI on it anyways a bunch of wires are connecting to it, including the brown one mentioned above, and you can still see that its been melting all the way up. so now i want to know wtf that block things is and what do i do if thats the problem? im completely lost >.< anyways, my husband has looked for vacuum leaks and found nothing, he said hes ganna look again tomorrow.

Last edited by ahumann; 02-21-2011 at 12:41 AM.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:00 PM
TouringMike is on a distinguished road

My guess on the blocky thing is the keyless remote module. Delphi is (used to be)the electronics manufacturing arm of GM. (Delphi/ACDelco)
I have no knowledge on these units as I haven't had problems with them yet, but they are in the same area.
You'll have to "search" for tips on that.

As far as your TCCM module, corrosion on the pins is a fairly common problem. Cleaning it up might solve your intermiitant light flashing problem.
But, you're best bet is to get the other problem (melting wires) solved first.