2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

95 blazer vin W need some quick help please

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 02:15 PM
Banned
BLAZERMAN911 is on a distinguished road
Question

first off i have a 95 blazer 4x4 with the 4.3 vortec vin w. i first had to replace the cam sensor under cap cause it was running really bad and the exhaust fumes would burn your eyes. i replaced cam sensor, cap, rotor, wires, and plugs. that improved alot no more rich fumes and ran a bit better. i also cleared codes. now it seems to run really good till it gets good and warm then it has a miss under light load if i give it more gas it does fine. it something is also causing my tourgue convertor from locking in all the time. when it warms up it doesnt want to lock in the convertor no more? it worked just fine before i did this tune up? now i have codes p0131 for o2 sensor bank 1 and code p0401 for egr. could either one of these cause any of these problems? also i removed the egr and no chunks came out and it seemed to move freely. while i was taking off the egr valve u have to remove the rubber air intake hose to get to it and i looked inside the plenum after raising the flap with the trhottle linkage and i noticed strong smeel of fuel and looking in with flashlight i could see fuel on the walls. is that normal or a dead give away that my wspider injector is probly shoot?

if i bought a code reader with live data would that help me? what u think about the spider injector from what ive said?

Last edited by swartlkk; 02-19-2011 at 04:19 PM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit function to add additional information in your post if another member has yet to respond.
Old 02-19-2011, 04:18 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If everything worked fine before the tune up, you likely disturbed something during your repair or it could be a coincidence. I didn't see any mention of going over all of the connections/etc near the areas you were working in with a fine toothed comb...

You can't see anything of importance through the throttle body. To diagnose a fuel leak, you have to use a fuel pressure tester.

And finally, there are rules here. Please read them and abide by them. Do not bump a post after waiting a mere 2 hours. No one here is paid to respond. If you need an answer more quickly, you can easily get one at your local mechanics, but rest assured that it would not be free.

Old 02-19-2011, 04:37 PM
Banned

yes evreything has been gone over by me and a mechanic friend. he said i can bring to his shop monday but im trying to save a little cash here. im going to go and purchase a fuel pressure tester tonight at autozone and see if its good. also would u recommend one of those actron scanners for my blazer? im looking at the live data ones

Old 02-19-2011, 06:38 PM
Banned

also would the egr cause my blazer to miss a little?

Old 02-20-2011, 11:37 AM
Banned

also when i removed the old plugs they where coverd in black on left side of motor.

Old 02-22-2011, 12:03 PM
Banned

ok new update. i have went to autozone and rented their fuel pressure tester. i hooked it up to my fuel line then i bled air from tester and i would get 60psi with key on as soon as the pump shut off my pressure dropped to zero is that normal?

Old 02-22-2011, 01:39 PM
Starting Member
95Jimmy is on a distinguished road

No it should hold pressure. Pull the plenum and see what you find- probably FPR or nut kit needs to be replaced.

Old 02-22-2011, 01:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 95Jimmy
No it should hold pressure. Pull the plenum and see what you find- probably FPR or nut kit needs to be replaced.
ok. i see gas sitting on passenger side so dead giveaway right there. i just went and bought a new spider injector kit and a new nut kit. also got intake gasket. any other things i should get or any tips on removing old spider and installing new? Thanks a ton for the help!!