2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

97 front clip to a 2004

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 05:59 PM
step66 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 97 front clip to a 2004

Heres a good one-And i've already been through this with a 96 to 97 swap. Not sure Iwant to do this again... Found a 2000 red blazer with a hit front end: Grille,bumper,hood,both fenders all toast! But A low milage car! I have all the parts to make it a 97 again-should I do it? Will all parts swap over? Any input?

Old 11-10-2011, 10:02 PM
97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about

yep all parts will swap over if you swap out the core support.

Old 11-14-2011, 10:47 AM
Starting Member
billbobagns is on a distinguished road

I am interested in your experience with the clip. I need to do a motor job, but don't look forward to working around all the stuff that's in the way. Instead, I'm interested in pulling the clip to make it easier to get to motor mounts and stuff.

Can you give me some idea, either in text or photos, what is involved in pulling the clip?

Old 11-14-2011, 11:04 AM
97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about

research is key

Here you go:
https://blazerforum.com/forum/paint-...uestion-37119/

if you dont have the wiring harness you need to buy a new one for the '97 lmc truck has them

Old 11-14-2011, 04:39 PM
step66 is an unknown quantity at this point

been a couple days since I been here...one concern of mine is the front turn signal harness-95-97 sigs are in the bumper-later models in the grille-not too much of a difference in length-but GM is stingy on wire!All else seems pretty strait.

Old 11-14-2011, 08:58 PM
Starting Member
billbobagns is on a distinguished road

I don't need to swap a clip from one truck to another, I need to pull a clip so I can do a motor change then put the same clip back on. I (and many others I'm sure) would like to have some idea of;

What is involved in this process and how long it might take.
Is it best to pull fenders, core support and hood as one assy, or is it better to take it apart?
Leave the inner fenders with all the electronics, or pull them with the clip?
Can you post photos showing locations of bolts etc?
Is body panel alignment difficult when going back together?

Thanks in advance for your info.

Old 11-15-2011, 07:09 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by step66
been a couple days since I been here...one concern of mine is the front turn signal harness-95-97 sigs are in the bumper-later models in the grille-not too much of a difference in length-but GM is stingy on wire!All else seems pretty strait.
Worst case scenario is that you have to extend the harness for the bumper lights. That's really easy to do. Stagger your splices & use good 3M shrink wrapped butt connectors.

Originally Posted by billbobagns
I don't need to swap a clip from one truck to another, I need to pull a clip so I can do a motor change then put the same clip back on. I (and many others I'm sure) would like to have some idea of;

What is involved in this process and how long it might take.
Is it best to pull fenders, core support and hood as one assy, or is it better to take it apart?
Leave the inner fenders with all the electronics, or pull them with the clip?
Can you post photos showing locations of bolts etc?
Is body panel alignment difficult when going back together?

Thanks in advance for your info.
This thread was created to discuss a front end swap and you are effectively trying to hijack it... Please keep this question in your thread on the subject rather than twisting someones active thread off topic.