2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

97 FUEL PUMP LINES REPLACEMENTS???

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 07:38 PM
tim03parts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 97 FUEL PUMP LINES REPLACEMENTS???

I have a 1997 4 door Blazer that I replaced the fuel pump almost a year ago. The lines have started seeping and I believe it is from the orings that seal them. I cannot find replacement orings and the dealers want over $100 each for both the feed line (5/16) and the return line (1/4). My question is has anyone ever used any kind of replacement line in place of the OE plastic quick disconnect super expensive lines? Or has anyone found a retailer that sells replacement orings for the OE lines?

Thanks in advance for everyone's help. This is an awesome website/forum!

Tim

Old 01-02-2008, 10:20 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: 97 FUEL PUMP LINES REPLACEMENTS???

The o-rings should be a standard metric size available at any autoparts store... There are replacement fittings that can be purchased at a variety of autoparts stores as well... CLICK HERE for a thread that has links showing the available replacement options.

Old 01-04-2008, 04:03 PM
tim03parts is an unknown quantity at this point

Kyle,

Thanks for the info. I just saw the thread where they dropped the tank and needed lines. Much cheaper than OE.

Blazer On!

Tim

Old 01-07-2008, 08:56 AM
Starting Member
JediKnight2 is an unknown quantity at this point

IT amazes me sometimes at the cost of some parts at the dealer. They HAVE to know if they were more in line with major auto parts stores that they would sell more as people would choose their parts over anything else...but when they want you to pay sometimes 500% MORE...most people walk.

Old 01-07-2008, 09:08 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

One thing that you have to take into account is the quality control aspect of things. There are quite a few OEM suppliers that also supply the aftermarket stores as well. The parts that you buy at the dealer pass all quality checks while the parts you may buy at an aftermarket store may have slight blemishes or otherwise did not pass all quality checks, but still meets form/fit/function.

Also, don't take the first price they give you... Be prepared. If you have a part number, GMPartsDirect.com can show you the wholesale price of the parts you are inquiring about. Take a print out with you to the dealership and see if it is worth while to support a local business. I have often times had them better the online price from GMPD.com (including shipping) on the parts and I'll have the parts the next day. A little bit of research will pay dividends later!!

So use GMPD.com / RockAuto.com as a point of reference and then make your decision on where to purchase your parts from.