2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

98 2dr Fuel Leak Need help :(

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 08:50 PM
Wakefinder is on a distinguished road
Default 98 2dr Fuel Leak Need help :(

I just bought my blazer off my friends dad for 250$ it had a fuel leak and wasnt able to pass inspection and he said it was the tank in the first place well i was working on it trying to bring it home to my house a 15 min drive from his house to mine. when your turn the truck over it would leak like no tomorrow so i sent out and started looking for the leak. i jacked the back and took the driver side back tire off and took the plastic piece off so i could see the lines. got my friend to start the blazer well i looked at the lines. definitely looked like a fuel line leak. so i was wiggling the lines checking them and a line broke in my hand ( Found it :/ ) . so my goal was to do a quick patch so i could get it home . because i was working on it with his brothers walmart tool. my knuckles still have note forgiven me :/ . its about 3-4 inches of bad metal fuel line right where it connects to a rubber hose going to the tank. Its a high pressure Fuel line. for a quick fix i put a rubber hose with 2 clamps on each side and tightened them as much a humananly possible with the given area to work with without dropping the tank. I was able to get it home . That truck had been sitting there for 2.5 years at least started right up and sounded great doing it . since ive gotten it home ive been trying to fix everything thats wrong with it . my main problem is that quick fix isnt working much anymore there is no leak what so ever coming from the side of the rubber hose where its clamped to the metal fuel line but where the rubber line is over the rubber part of the fuel line its starting to leak again slow now but im sure it will become larger. anyone have a way i can fix this problem without having to buy a brand new fuel line?

Old 09-27-2012, 07:32 AM
spittybays

Nobody wants to toss anything out cause it's kind of irresponsible. If it were a Mad Max End of Day's deal a brass hose barb might work but it's not. Do yourself a favor and everybody else and fix it correctly!