2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

98 blaser LS in saudi arabia

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 05:07 AM
Beginning Member
blazer98saudiarabia is on a distinguished road
Smile 98 blaser LS in saudi arabia

Dear Modulators,

Please need a question on blazer 1998 LS just bought it last month..
everything is working fine.. currently engine temperature is always on 95 degree with AC on or off, because on summer the temperature here is really hot....and one thing I found out there is no Auxiliary fan....

what is the normal tempearture should be??? can I put 1 cooling fan and is there a different????

Please need a suggestion....thanks

Old 03-24-2009, 07:03 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome!

95*C (203*F) sounds about normal for a 90*C (195*F) thermostat. I think you should be good there.

The stock engine driven fan should be sufficient to keep your truck cool.

Old 03-24-2009, 07:19 AM
Beginning Member
Smile

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Welcome!

95*C (203*F) sounds about normal for a 90*C (195*F) thermostat. I think you should be good there.

The stock engine driven fan should be sufficient to keep your truck cool.

Swartlkk thanks..

now the weather here is around 28- 32C but on summer it reach 45-55C......I don't know if i have the 195F termostat...what type of termostat should I have to use here??????

Old 03-24-2009, 08:10 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

195*F (90*C) is the stock rating for the thermostat. Anything much lower and the computer will complain.

Everything sounds like it is functioning normally. I do not expect you will have too much trouble even at 55*C (131*F).

Old 03-24-2009, 11:43 AM
Beginning Member

Big thanks Swratlkk....

Other question how many ampere of the original battery because they replaced it to other battery when I get it from the shop.... just found out the battery not exactly fit on the battery holder...I wanted to know the original size of the battery so I can replace it......thanks..

Old 03-24-2009, 11:57 AM
Administrator

You need a Group 75 battery and I would get one with the highest CA/CCA that you can just so you have it.

Old 03-25-2009, 12:59 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by swartlkk
You need a Group 75 battery and I would get one with the highest CA/CCA that you can just so you have it.
Thanks......

Old 03-25-2009, 10:12 AM
Beginning Member

Swarlkk,

Forget to tell my blazer is import from Japan....Mileage is 90KM when i got it....wheather there is cold.. is there anything I should modify like exust not sure before the muffler or rediator????

Old 03-25-2009, 10:20 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Unless the Japanese Blazers (which I believe were actually made in the USA) had some mechanical modifications made to them for that country (which I doubt) you should not have to make any changes.

Old 03-25-2009, 10:32 AM
Beginning Member

@rriddle3, thanks just worried in the summer...
today afternooon the car temp is 100C when im in the traffic ...when its running going down to 95C....

Quick Reply: 98 blaser LS in saudi arabia