2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

98 gmc jimmy/blazer NEED HELP wit trans problem ASAP

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 11:08 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

sorry cartunez. i just got in (midnight), and see i missed a call from him regarding your trans problem. he asked me which way the trans was locking up? these trans are notorious for the kickdown failing on the 3 to 2 shift (like you stated above). but the code shows that it's a 2 to 3 shift solenoid. he said that there is 5 solenoids and a pressure switch in there, and would like to know which way the lock-up is occuring, and if you noticed any damage to the wires inside?
i'm gonna call him in the morning, and see if there was anything else he didn't tell me on his mssg from tonight.
i'll post as soon as i get off the phone with him, not sure what State you're in (time zone), and not sure if you can see this during the day, but i'll post ASAP regardless. it's currently 12:08am here.

Old 09-24-2009, 02:23 AM
Beginning Member
cartunez2004 is on a distinguished road

thanks i pmied u my number u can just call me thanks bro

Old 09-24-2009, 07:34 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

ok cartunez2004, here's what my guy had to say. check your wiring for a short. this code won't be thrown for a bad solenoid, plus you said you replaced it already (he hopes the short hasn't fried your new solenoid too). start checking the pan harness, and work your way back up through the truck's wiring harness from there. he suggested finding a schematic for the wiring to help trace the correct wires. you'll need to check the harness right back to the bulkhead (it's gonna be a bitch around the trans/engine so be patient). he said to be on the lookout for areas that show signs of rubbing.
good luck.

Old 09-25-2009, 01:06 AM
Beginning Member
cartunez2004 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
ok cartunez2004, here's what my guy had to say. check your wiring for a short. this code won't be thrown for a bad solenoid, plus you said you replaced it already (he hopes the short hasn't fried your new solenoid too). start checking the pan harness, and work your way back up through the truck's wiring harness from there. he suggested finding a schematic for the wiring to help trace the correct wires. you'll need to check the harness right back to the bulkhead (it's gonna be a bitch around the trans/engine so be patient). he said to be on the lookout for areas that show signs of rubbing.
good luck.
well it def would throw that code for the solenoid, that code is for the 3-2 shift solenoid, and when we pulled the old solenoid out, it ohmed out the same as the new one, so who nos, and all the wires inside the pan looked fine but thanks anyway

Old 09-25-2009, 10:31 PM
BF Guru

ok. but have you checked the rest of the wiring harness yet?
i kinda trust my guy-he's never steered me wrong in the 14 years i've known him. and i think he knows his stuff pretty well, he's owned a Mr. Transmission location for 20 years now.