2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Anyone ever seen this issue before?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012 | 02:53 PM
Chuk Rhodes is on a distinguished road

What is your battery voltage when you do this testing? Last I saw it was dropping under 10V, don't expect anything to work right then!

I often do my electrical testing with a 10 amp charger connected. It gives you normal running voltage and keeps the door light, daytime running lights, etc from draining your batt. Since I then know batt is "fixed" over 14V, if I measure a voltage else where around 12 or less, it's time to look at those related connections.

As for the security light, as you described it, sounds like it's working. Maybe it can do an auto relearn.

If your after market alarm has a "starting disable" relay, that could effect it, depending on how it hooks up. The more customizing thats been done the less we can help :/

Old 02-07-2012 | 03:05 PM
|
Beginning Member
ihatefordz is on a distinguished road

also mow my tail lights wont turn off for some reason. I will pay who every can help me out. via money order or paypal. this is gettin extremely fustrating

Thank you everyone for your input

Old 02-07-2012 | 03:39 PM
spittybays

Unplug everything from your after market alarm module they crap out and do stuff like this all the time. No charge.

Old 02-07-2012 | 07:42 PM
|
Beginning Member

whats the chances of my starter being shorted out? or any clue as to why my brake light came on for no reason?

anyone think i may have a bad bcm now?

Old 02-07-2012 | 09:15 PM

If you've been under the dash, near the brake pedal, there is a switch there that turns on the brake lights. Is the switch stuck, or not adjusted right? Is the pedal stuck on anything?

What is your battery at now? DO NOT question any module unless the battery is over 12V !!! They may still run at less, but they may not! Most do not work right, if it all, under 10V AT the module connector.

Just an FYI: I almost replaced the ECM once, only to find out it was bad ground connections. Bat was over 12, but module was around 8.5V at the connector. Cost nothing to fix.

Old 02-07-2012 | 09:28 PM
|
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by Chuk Rhodes
If you've been under the dash, near the brake pedal, there is a switch there that turns on the brake lights. Is the switch stuck, or not adjusted right? Is the pedal stuck on anything?

What is your battery at now? DO NOT question any module unless the battery is over 12V !!! They may still run at less, but they may not! Most do not work right, if it all, under 10V AT the module connector.

Just an FYI: I almost replaced the ECM once, only to find out it was bad ground connections. Bat was over 12, but module was around 8.5V at the connector. Cost nothing to fix.

i'll have more info for you tommorow

Old 02-08-2012 | 11:41 AM
|
Beginning Member

Battery is at 9v

Old 02-08-2012 | 11:55 AM
Starting Member
scottl1346 is on a distinguished road

might be time to get a new battery then. also test your alternator when its running disconnect the positive terminal on the battery it should stay running the lights should stay bright with little dimming

Old 02-08-2012 | 12:26 PM
|
Beginning Member

problem fixed. IgnC fuse was blown. i feel so stupid lol jumped the car and started right up

Old 02-08-2012 | 05:27 PM

Electrical diagnosis is all about procedure! Spending time with a meter can save you hundreds of dollars!

ALWAYS make sure the batt is over 12, I check it all the time when working, every 5 mins or so. And maybe start with fuses first Not just a quick look, meter them!

Quick Reply: Anyone ever seen this issue before?