2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

better spider injector system to go with

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 02:23 PM
614blazer is on a distinguished road
Default better spider injector system to go with

my 98 blazer lt 4x4 has the scfi injection and i think the spider is leaking so i was going to replace it the whole thing. and ive seen other users converting to the new MPFI injection system. which is is in the newer 02-05 blazer and ive heard the old spider injection system tend to go bad easy which is the SCFI. so my ? is whats the advatanges to the new MPFI system and is there any mods i have to do to convert mine to it or its just a plug n go type thing???

Old 02-06-2012, 10:21 PM
mrkevinmjr is on a distinguished road

dude i changed it ... simple painless and engine runns better.... go for it. i got the delphi spider injector from ebay for like 280... monster auto parts or something like that.

Old 02-08-2012, 12:19 PM
Tony H is an unknown quantity at this point

As 614blazer asked.. Is it a simple plug and play of this new Spider or is there more to buy to adapt it?

Old 02-08-2012, 01:17 PM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Tony H
As 614blazer asked.. Is it a simple plug and play of this new Spider or is there more to buy to adapt it?
Rockauto

DELPHI Part # FJ10565
Actual OE Part; SCPI to MFI Conversion - Complete Assembly, May Require Bracket FH10098
$220.79$0.00$220.79
DELPHI Part # FH10098
Actual OE Part; SCPI to MFI Conversion - Mounting Bracket
$20.79

Old 02-08-2012, 01:21 PM

Thanks. Didn't realize there was a conversion kit.. I thought people were just buying the Later Spider because it was more robust.
THANKS

Old 02-08-2012, 02:16 PM
Beginning Member
DaveRush is on a distinguished road

I did the one in my signature, $180 on Amazon. Included the bracket, didn't need to buy one.

Old 02-08-2012, 02:33 PM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Be smart.. buy Delphi

Can not beat that into your knuckleheads enough!

Old 02-08-2012, 02:41 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by 614blazer
....i think the spider is leaking....
If you follow the steps in this link, you'll know for sure if it's leaking and possibly save the cost of the upgrade and apply it to the actual cause of the leak, if there is one https://blazerforum.com/forum/tech-a...agnosis-23038/

Originally Posted by 614blazer
....whats the advatanges to the new MPFI system and is there any mods i have to do to convert mine to it or its just a plug n go type thing???
There are several advantages, the main ones are the poppet valves are totally eliminated and the injectors are relocated so they squirt fuel directly into the intake ports. It is a "plug and play" modification. The AC Delco and Delphi kits come with the new bracket and upper plenum gasket. The original injector bracket can not be used with the upgraded unit. The entire job takes under 2 hours to complete.

Old 06-13-2012, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Captain Hook
If you follow the steps in this link, you'll know for sure if it's leaking and possibly save the cost of the upgrade and apply it to the actual cause of the leak, if there is one https://blazerforum.com/forum/tech-a...agnosis-23038/

There are several advantages, the main ones are the poppet valves are totally eliminated and the injectors are relocated so they squirt fuel directly into the intake ports. It is a "plug and play" modification. The AC Delco and Delphi kits come with the new bracket and upper plenum gasket. The original injector bracket can not be used with the upgraded unit. The entire job takes under 2 hours to complete.
Was there a year ( 2003, 2004) where GM made this change or is this a change for all 4.3 Blazers? I may have missed it in this Thread but if all is good under the Plenim is there any advantage to this 'upgrdae'? Fuel, acceleration. what do I gain over the Poppets?

Old 06-13-2012, 10:45 AM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

1996 and newer, you can easily tell which injector style the engine was originally equipped with. The 8th character in the VIN is the engine code, "W" has 6 centrally located injectors and poppet valves located at the intake ports. "X" has the injectors located at the intake ports and no poppet valves. The upgrade will improve fuel mileage, performance, & idle quality.

Quick Reply: better spider injector system to go with