2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Blazer Celebration Day

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 01:11 PM
LesMyer will become famous soon enough
Default Blazer Celebration Day

Here in North Central Indiana I am celebrating being able to drive my Blazer to work in considerable snow today!! Wife had the day off, so she didn't take it from me!! Usually I have to drive her 2WD Ford Ranger in the worst weather. I only get the Blazer in good weather!

It's so funny when she drives the Blazer in the snow - it goes so much better than the Ranger that she always comes home smiling and giddy from the drive! I've never seen someone enjoy a drive in the snow so much! She never drove a 4WD before this Blazer. Makes my PITA vehicle seem more worthwhile. Gotta watch it though.... she has a habit of taking my vehicles from me. Such was the case when we bought the Ranger.

Last edited by LesMyer; 02-25-2016 at 01:14 PM.
Old 02-25-2016, 02:07 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

My wife kept taking mine too, so I had to buy her one! I only get to drive hers when it's broke or needs fuel.

Old 02-25-2016, 02:48 PM
LesMyer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Captain Hook
My wife kept taking mine too, so I had to buy her one! I only get to drive hers when it's broke or needs fuel.
HaHa!

My wife can't stand to drive without the tank being nearly full, so more often than not she does fill mine up! Plus she's one of the few women out there that knows you get better milege by going slower/easier, and that miles driven/gallons used = MPG!! She has a super nose for antifreeze leaks and strange car smells too, i.e. hot brakes and any degree of burning oil - and vibrations/noises! Very very perceptive. Usually I'm telling her she is crazy and then I find out differently. I never have to worry about her ruining things - if she has any doubts she stops immediately and calls me for advice. But if she can't continue, she expects to be rescued immediately even if I'm at work! She is simply not going to deal with a flat tire and such.

Her pet peeve is good wiper blades and full wiper fluid - if she is driving a vehicle she wants both without any questions. She will put the wiper fluid in herself, but I have to go buy it for her. (she does not ask me to go buy groceries or go shopping with her so it works for me) She gets premium blades twice a year or she isn't happy! She never puts dings on the vehicles and parks away from other cars in any parking lot. We bought both our 2006 G6 and 2008 Ranger new, and still not even one door ding on either. No junk or trash in vehicles, and she doesn't touch the inside of windows (my big pet peeve).

I count my blessings! Sorry for the off topic post.

Last edited by LesMyer; 02-26-2016 at 08:22 AM.
Old 02-25-2016, 04:16 PM
CWBDDSPC is on a distinguished road

I was glad to see Odat and Captain talking about the fuel pump being okay in low fuel situations. The Yukon tank is rarely above 1/4 when I drive it . She won't drive the one working Blazer until I put the door panels back in either!!!

Old 02-26-2016, 07:39 AM
Tajohns34 is on a distinguished road

All my wife knows how to do is tell me when the check engine light is on and fill her car with trash and work clothes. She is driving my blazer for a few days because her Subaru is getting head gaskets. I told her if there is any trash in it she will be walking next time her car is in the shop. a messy car is a huge pet peeve for me.