2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

blazer not starting

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 01:36 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: blazer not starting

Three things are necessary to support combustion. Air, Fuel, & Spark. Have you verified them all? You probably don't have any problem with air. You may have a problem with either spark or fuel. By dribbling a bit of fuel down through the throttle body, you can determine if it is fuel that you are lacking. If the truck runs, you have a fuel supply issue. If it doesn't, then you have a spark issue (and possibly other problems).

Have you checked the basics? Fuses, relays, etc? Made sure that your plug wires were all the way onto their respective terminals? I have seen wires work them selves off of the terminals before. If the coil wire were to work itself loose, it could cause this condition.

Old 04-11-2008, 08:26 PM
mykro1dj is an unknown quantity at this point

ok so today i took a rag & cleaned my throttlebody nice & good put my intake back on & checked the fuel pump & filter i layed on the ground under my truck & had my buddy turn the key to on but not start it i could hear what i belive was the pump so i had him wait a few mins & turn it over & boom 1st try it started i think the throttlebody(which was black) being cleaned worked ill keep you posted thanks for the help

oh BTW i still have a cylinder 3 misfire codeon the obd2p0303 any thought as to maybe why?...
has new plug & when we tested the wire for spark it lit up so...any ideas or should i try a new plug again?

Old 04-12-2008, 11:31 PM

today i went out & started my blazer & the check engine light came on...so i went to my buddys house..but on the way it started to rumble a bit & stutter..when i got there we hooked it up to the obd2 & it gave p0301 (cylinder 1 misfire) so we checked the wire it was fine we put in a new plug & went to start it & it just clicked...no crank or anything just click we charged the battery but still just a click & its not like a bunch of clicking its just 1 click when u turn the key any ideas?

Old 04-12-2008, 11:51 PM
Johnkoch is an unknown quantity at this point

when it does that click does all the power shut off,mine does this sometimes when my battery wires get loose from the sub wire not being hooked down good,i just tighten it and it works

Old 04-13-2008, 12:05 AM
95grn4dr is an unknown quantity at this point

As for your curent problem,check your battery voltage and battery cables,then check for 12v at the starter if it is low when you are trying to crank then your battery cables are shot or they are loose,DO NOT keep trying to start the engine with bad cables or a partially discharged battery otherwise you WILL kill your starter.If you have 12v to the starter while attempting to crank then you may have a seized starter or bad soleniod,to check the starter motor itself carefully short the the two large bolts on the solenoid using a screw driver if your starter cranks while the solenoid is bypassed then you need to replace the solenoid which requires pulling the starter.However if still no crank and you have adequate voltage andyour cables are goodthen the starter is most likely seized or the brushes are completely worn out.As for your no start and stalling problem,it sounds like you are having problems with the fuel system,follow the suggested steps that swartlkk suggested.

Old 04-16-2008, 09:28 PM

alrite...1st off thanks again to every1 who has helped me out..but yet again theres another problem... we got all cylinders up & running(no more misfire) but i went to autozone so they could test my starter of course it is trash or else i wouldnt have bad luck thats the way it goes...i need a new one & even thru my all my friends & my uncle(who owns his own shop) the cheapest i could find it is $99 so better than other places but still... now i would like to remind everyone i have owned this truck for 2-3 months & this was the very first time i took it in the mud.. now please for your opinions on this===> did i maybe take it too rough on the blazer or do you think i was going to have the problems regardless.... now id like to remind you to look at my pics so you can get a visual of just how much mud was on my stock blazer & to be honest i was tearing it up for about 4 hours that day