2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Blazer won't start, baby in hospital!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 12:29 PM
basolthof is on a distinguished road
Default Blazer won't start, baby in hospital!!!!!

Hi there,

I need some big help.
Since a couple of hours ago, my Blazer (2002) won't start.
I just came back from hospital where my premature daughter is lying. I switched off the car but noticed that my sensor didn't work so I had to close the door manually.
I just changed the battery of the sensor a couple of days ago (on the day daughter was born) and after 1 hour we new how to register the sensor with the car. But now no luck. The sensor opens the doors on all sides and disactivates the security. I can open the doors with the key, but the security won't disactivate. I can't start the car but want to go to hospital. could it be a fuse. My garage doesn' t know the answer.
Who can help!!!!!!!!
I'm prety desperate as I think you can imagine....

Regards,

Bas Olthof from Holland (basolthof@gmailcom)

Old 01-28-2010, 12:34 PM
dimone545 is an unknown quantity at this point

Not sure what your talking about but I think you are saying that the alarm wont disarm so you cant start your car... If so did you install a valet switch when you put the alarm in? If it was me I would just unhook the alarm for the time being and get my *** to the hospital.... JMO

Old 01-28-2010, 01:48 PM
Default Alarm

Originally Posted by dimone545
Not sure what your talking about but I think you are saying that the alarm wont disarm so you cant start your car... If so did you install a valet switch when you put the alarm in? If it was me I would just unhook the alarm for the time being and get my *** to the hospital.... JMO
Hi there,

I bought the car like this and the car was still quite new (2002, 55000 km) I didn't do anything accept use it. The alarm was installed in the factory. It's still in original state. Can't use central door locking and therefor I can't dissarm the alarm, so if I start, the car shuts down after a few seconds and the SECURITY light keeps burning. I had this problem a couple f days ago but it solved itselves. Later that night we had to go to hospital.....
I will check if it's a fuse, let's hope so.

Thanks!!!!

Old 01-28-2010, 01:51 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like an aftermarket system. The stock security system should disable by turning the key in the door.

Old 01-28-2010, 03:49 PM
22mr2 is on a distinguished road

I had someone over the summer who had had a similar problem with a gm product but not a blazer.As it turns out the key wasnt disabling the factory alarm from the lock cylinder in the door. You need a mechanic who has the type of scanner that can access the passlock and body control module and see whats going on. If you cant find one, its time to bring it back to the dealership. It does not sound as simple as a quick fix, sorry and good luck.

Old 01-28-2010, 04:43 PM
Beginning Member
not_only is on a distinguished road
Default itīs a typical problem of european Chevys

Hi there, this is not a problem of an aftermarket alarm system, it is a typical problem of the european versions of the Chevrolet immobilizer. The immo can only be deactivated in the following two ways: First when opening the car with the fob you have two minutes to start the car, otherwise the immo is active again. The second way is the mystical 5 digit code (please see older threads) that comes with your car when new (label in the glove box) . This code allows to start the car in case of bad fob. If you donīt have this code you have to visit a GM - licensed dealer . The code is stored in your BCM and can only be read with the help of a Tech II scanner an a special GM software. You also need this code to train new fobs.

Old 01-29-2010, 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by not_only
Hi there, this is not a problem of an aftermarket alarm system, it is a typical problem of the european versions of the Chevrolet immobilizer. The immo can only be deactivated in the following two ways: First when opening the car with the fob you have two minutes to start the car, otherwise the immo is active again. The second way is the mystical 5 digit code (please see older threads) that comes with your car when new (label in the glove box) . This code allows to start the car in case of bad fob. If you donīt have this code you have to visit a GM - licensed dealer . The code is stored in your BCM and can only be read with the help of a Tech II scanner an a special GM software. You also need this code to train new fobs.
Hi Axel,

thanks for your advise. I'll try to contact a technician who can help me.
What about your knowligde of my car your right. I have to start the car in 2 minutes or press "unloch doors" than the security is deactivated. I've never heard of a 5 digit code. I'll trie to find out.
Strange thing this mornong. I just tried to open te doors with the remote and they opened!!!!!?????? So the car can start now. Good thing because I have to go to hospital. Hope when I'm standing there, the car starts when I go home.......
Just see what happens

Thanks Bas

Old 01-29-2010, 05:38 PM
Beginning Member
not_only is on a distinguished road

Hi Bas, if your fob only fails now and then , you can try the following:
First synchronize the fob by pressing the open and close button simultaneously for about ten seconds , the car should answer with an opening and closing cycle of the door locks.
Second you can clean the contacts in the fob - best way with a little bit isopropyl alcohol and a Q-Tip. Maybe this helps for a while.
I found the hint to the 5 digit code in the german manual of my car (99 Blazer LT) , my Chevy dealer in Hannover managed to read the code from the BCM (body control modul) and it works.