2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Blinker clicking when not in position

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 01:42 AM
Mr Blazer LT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Blinker clicking when not in position

mine does this sometimes. It still functions when I need it to though so I just turn up the stereo or ignore it.

Old 06-20-2007, 10:25 PM
Marine One is an unknown quantity at this point

What is involved in replacing the multi-function switch? New guy here with a just purchased 99 that is doing the same thing.

Old 06-25-2007, 10:52 AM
Glenn is an unknown quantity at this point

My 99 Blazer is doing the same thing.When I hit the brake it stops.
Driving me crazy. I replaced the flasher under the glove compartment
and it didn't work. I put the old one back in and it stopped for a couple of day's.I guess I will try the spray next. Thank's for the help all!

Old 02-24-2008, 01:02 PM
o0ian0o is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: Marine One

What is involved in replacing the multi-function switch? New guy here with a just purchased 99 that is doing the same thing.
I've been looking for this answer...do you have to remove stearing column? What do you have to do?

Old 02-26-2008, 09:25 AM
jay
jay is an unknown quantity at this point

mine just started doing this...how much does the relay cost

Old 02-26-2008, 10:53 AM
Starting Member
garry2000blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

I think I paid between 15 and 20 bucks for the relay, but it's probably wishful thinking that it's the relay. There are a lot of conversations in this forum related to the multifunction switch...there's a reason for that.

The steering column does not need to come off. Take the top and bottom steering column covers off and it will be right there. It isn't a simple job by any means, but it is doable with some patience. There is one or two screws (torx if I remember) that go in behind the steering wheel. I was able to avoid removing the wheel by using a short bit from my torx set and using an open end wrench to turn the bit. There is an external torx screw next to the ignition switch. These "male" torx screws are not that common, so if you don't have the socket for it, be sure to get a set before you startif you don't have a second car (I had to put all my parts back together to run to Sears because I didn't have the socket and I didn't have a second vehicle where I was doing the job).

Old 02-27-2008, 09:09 AM
jay
jay is an unknown quantity at this point

I called the stealership about replacing this and it will run over $400.

I'm starting to hate this truck!!! And its the little things that are breaking!!! I mean come on its only a 1999 Blazer. Parts are supposed to be easy to change and cheap to purchase!!

My other problems are:
Struts (it rides like a Caddi)
window guides
locks (driver door won't lock with the remote but it will unlock and the other doors won't unlock in the cold)
door hinge (had it fixed once)
bumper hangs to low on one side
cracked windshield
A/C doesn't work (had it recharged and 2 months later it stopped working)

Old 02-27-2008, 10:31 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Its a used vehicle. You have no idea what level of misuse and lack of maintenance it had prior to you purchasing it.

The multifunction switch is relatively easy to change.

The bumper sounds like someone ditched it. They don't come that way from the factory.

Cracked windsheilds don't just happen by themselves...

On the locks, with the not wanting to unlock in cold weather, well that sounds like someone may have used the wrong lubricant on them at one point in time. The same could be true for the lock on the driver's door, but it could also be the lock actuator itself. Parts go bad every once in awhile. Electronic parts could go bad at any point in time regardless of make, model, manufacturer.

Old 03-18-2008, 02:58 PM
trekguy73 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a 98 LT 4WD and same issue. It is almost never the relay. It is the multi function switch. I have seen them as low as $100 and as high as $200 depending on where you get them. Keep an eye on local swaps or salvage yards. Best if you can catch a new one on ebay for short money.

Alan

Old 12-10-2008, 12:12 AM
headbanger35950 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok seeing as how theres 100 other things I already have to buy for this fix...can I just cut the thing out that makes the clicking noise? I could learn to live without the clicking lol. They only made blinkers click for people who don't ever look down at the dash anyways....lol