2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Blower motor and wapers tied together?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 06:53 AM
samuknow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Blower motor and wapers tied together?

I have an 01 Blazer that I just put an engine in about 4-6 weeks ago.

I have noticed lately that the wipers will stop working from time to time. Often when this happens the heater blowe will stop as well. Out of pure frustration the other morning when it was cold, I banged the steering wheel and both started working again. The last few time they have stopped a nice whack to the steering wheel has taken care of it. This make no since to me at all. How are they tied together? I am going to pull the cover around the wheel tonight looking for a loose connection on the wiper switch. Still not sure haw this will affect teh blower.

Old 02-24-2009, 06:57 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Blower motor and wapers tied together?

Could just be a random coincidence. If you have bad brushes in the blower motor and a bad solder joint in the wiper motor, both could be temporarily fixed with a sharp vibration.

I would first try the cold solder fix for the wiper circuit board - have a look in the Tech Articles (DIY) section. See if that fixes the wiper.

Old 02-24-2009, 08:14 AM

I saw that the other day. i will look at it tonight as it is supposed to be warmer. This has been a little aggravating. It does not make sense that they are related. I agree it is a coincidence. Thanks.

Old 02-24-2009, 11:40 AM
Beginning Member
brcidd is an unknown quantity at this point

See if power windows go inop at same time- could be the accessory switch in your ignition switch- since pounding on steering wheel helps...

Old 02-24-2009, 12:06 PM

I will check that.