2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

a/c pump

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 06:08 PM
joey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: a/c pump

Usually leaks appear in the O rings used in the connections between components. To answer your question, if you do replace any component in the A/C system, it is not necessary to replace the accumulator/dryer but it is highly recommended.It acts kind of like an oil filter for the refrigerant. If it were me id change it while the system is evacuated and replaceall of the O rings andthe orface tube, but the choice is yours. Good Luck!!

Old 04-20-2007, 08:02 PM
bgillette78 is an unknown quantity at this point

ok so i can probably handle that is there any special tools used to do this with after it has been evacuated or just a ratchet and a monkey wench......besides the connections to the drier and the pump itself would there be any other o-rings to be replaced back it the blower housing area or would the main ones to replace just be around the drier and other forward connections to the condenser

Old 04-22-2007, 11:54 PM
joey is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont think there are any o rings in the blower box- then again im not an expert on Blazer A/C systems. I think the only connections are the ones in plain view. If you do replace all of the o rings, make sure to coat them in PAG A/C oil before assembly. Plain tools are all thats needed to dissasemble from the looks of things. But again, ive never tore one of these systems apart before. I would first get a quote from the person that has to evacuate the system. Maybe its not that much more to replace a few o rings- besides, they have all of the equipment to serviceA/C and they can also test for leaks and refil the system with the right amount of oil andrefrigerant. Just my 2 cents

Old 04-26-2007, 09:01 PM

ok update on this problem.....i took it to a service center and they did the evac and recharge and put the dye in it and didnt find a leak.....now the air blows cold but the pump still cycles on and off.....the guy said that the pressure was low on the high side and high on the low side.....he said that there was possible restriction at the orifice tube or a weak compressor......so what do you guys think

Old 04-26-2007, 09:20 PM
lastcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point

the guy said that the pressure was low on the high side and high on the low side.....he said that there was possible restriction at the orifice tube or a weak compressor......so what do you guys think
If you had a restricted orifice tube your high side pressure would be higher than normal and the low side would be lower than normal...not the opposite like he said. Your pressures being the way you saidcould be caused by a week compressor though. Please remember that this system is a CCOT system! That stands for CYCLING CLUTCH ORIFICE TUBE....It is NORMAL for the compressor clutch to cycle off and on.......If it starts blowing warm air again...then have it checked with a black-light for evidence of leak tracer dye.....then you'll have your leak. Until then enjoy the cold air.
You have a decentstandingpressure (Large line pressure)? And a decent suction (small line)?
That's backwards too...the high pressure line is the smaller diameter of the two......the suction line is the larger one, and if the system is off (compressor clutch not engaged) the pressures should be equal, and about the same PSI as the ambient temperature in Degrees F.

Old 04-26-2007, 09:31 PM

ok thanks alot man apparently he didnt know what he was talking about then......he said that the freon was low and they filled it to where it was supposed to be......and they didnt have any leaks so far and the orfice tube should be fine then according to you......so i guess i will just enjoy the air until the compressor craps out on me.....and i didnt know about the ccot part of the system so that is why it cycles on and off but the air was warm after they did the evac and recharge its ice cold

Old 05-01-2007, 12:20 AM
Beginning Member
Scuba65 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm curious as to what they charged you. My a/c is not cold. I don't know yet if it cycles on and off or not. Just noticed it the other day when it was 80 degrees out...

Thanks.