2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

chevy blazer please help

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 04:23 PM
LLS88 is on a distinguished road
Default chevy blazer please help

i have a 2002 chevy s-10 blazer i have replaced fuel pump fuel filter plugs plug wires rotor button distributor cap camshaft position senser crankshaft position senser and spider injectors unit but still won't run it starts for about
5 seconds if i hold the throttle paddle to the floor and pump the throttle but then stalls i have checked the security system its off so thats not it what else could it be thanks for any help

Old 07-18-2010, 04:28 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

**Moved to 2nd Gen Tech**

The New Member area is for introductions.

Old 07-18-2010, 05:29 PM
Beginning Member
BAGnDRAG-K5 is on a distinguished road

OK first of all is it putting any codes up? If not then you will need to consider either the computer or the problem is actually mechanical. Are you getting fire? Have you checked the ignition module? Are your coil packs operating? Have you checked any of your relays and fusses? I know stupid simple but sometimes overlooked. I always try to diagnose the stupid simple stuff first. OK check any of these that you have not allready tried. Let me know if any of these help.

Old 07-18-2010, 05:45 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like the passlock system is activating and shutting down the engine. Have you tried the passlock relearn procedure (search "passlock+relearn" without the quotes)?

Why did you replace all of those components??

Old 07-18-2010, 05:53 PM
Beginning Member
BAGnDRAG-K5 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Sounds like the passlock system is activating and shutting down the engine. Have you tried the passlock relearn procedure (search "passlock+relearn" without the quotes)?

Why did you replace all of those components??
Good call on the pass lock system, I forgot about that. This (among other reasons) I went back to an old school truck!!

Old 07-18-2010, 06:02 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

It is possible that the ignition switch is to blame. The passlock sensor is part of the ignition switch.

Old 07-18-2010, 09:41 PM
Default Lls88

the plugs are firing i checked the timing chain its good shape i checked the security lock its not on i checked all fuses it started over the corse of about two weeks it got slower and slower not wanting to pull hills very fast then just quit all together i changed the fuel pump in stead of checking it i know i should have got up under there and checked it but listening to someone else that told me that was the problem was a mistake i changed the spider injector unit i thougt this had to be the problem i was wrong every thing i have done to it still no change i really wish i could figure this out any help would be great!!

Old 07-18-2010, 09:47 PM
Administrator

How did you check the timing chain? and security lock?

Old 07-19-2010, 12:23 AM

i took the timing chain cover off the chain and sprockets looked good i checked the security lock in the radio it said security system disabled

Last edited by LLS88; 07-27-2010 at 12:24 PM.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:32 AM
Administrator

You do not check the passlock system with the radio...

Did you try what I first suggested?

Quick Reply: chevy blazer please help