2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Clogged A/C orifice tube? NEW weirdness

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 05:01 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Clogged A/C orifice tube?

You have the HT6 compressor.

There must be something wrong with the high pressure cut-off switch on the back of the compressor if the blow-off valve opened up. The function of the high pressure switch is to disengage the clutch if the pressure gets too high. The system must be evacuated to change out the switch.

Old 10-04-2007, 12:20 AM
filtalr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Clogged A/C orifice tube?

K - here's the latest in that saga... the A/C compressor runs whether the A/C button is lit or not. Is that how it's supposed to work??? I have the climate system where you can set the temp you want but I thought that only worked if it was on "Auto". My control settings are full counteclockwise to the "blue dot" for temp ****, the "vent icon" (not auto) for air control **** and "recirculate inside air" icon button - for lack of better actual nomenclature. I had it out to check the balance of the new tires today and turned off the A/C (I thought) to check unhindered acceleration performance. Welllll - the air continued to blow cold... I thought "Great the evaporator is frozen...more troubles..." but when I got back to the house the compressor was still running even though I thought I had the A/C off. I do know that, at least the other day when it was cool outside, that the "outside air" icon button did not run the compressor.
[align=left] [/align]