2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

converter clogged??

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 07:29 PM
Beginning Member
JESSEGOTTA 99 4X4 is on a distinguished road

I've got the same problem, and I was thinking vac leak, but if it's just a tb gasket (i cleaned my tb already) then I'll be replacing it ASAP!

Old 01-27-2011, 12:58 AM
Beginning Member
redDragon96 is on a distinguished road

dont go doin that yet. it did not fix the problem. however today when i left work i started it and it didnt rev up at all. in fact it didnt act up till i got in my driveway and i put it in park. on my way to work i was cruising at 50mph and i could feel it loose power a few times. on acceleration it didnt seem to have much power either.

Old 01-27-2011, 10:11 AM
Beginning Member
JESSEGOTTA 99 4X4 is on a distinguished road

It's gotta be a vac leak or something with the throttle cables....

Old 01-27-2011, 02:37 PM
Beginning Member

i have checked the cables from the tb all the way to the pedal and the cruise control. there isnt any issues with them. i have been looking over vacuum lines and gaskets for days now and im not finding any leaks. maybe 2 months ago i turned my defroster on and i could hear a slight leak in my dash, only on defrost. but this issue started long before that. so i fixed the leak in my dash and still no change. i dont know where else to look.

Old 01-31-2011, 11:37 AM
Beginning Member

i was cruising forums and someone told me that my fuel pressure regulator could be leaking gas in my intake causing my problems. how should i go about confirming this??

Old 01-31-2011, 11:43 AM
UberFail is on a distinguished road

fuel pressure gauge. connect it - turn key to on but not started - get reading - start vehicle - get reading - shut it off - 5 min later get reading. post results here.

Old 01-31-2011, 05:09 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by redDragon96
i was cruising forums and someone told me that my fuel pressure regulator could be leaking gas in my intake causing my problems. how should i go about confirming this??

wasn't that mentioned here already?

Old 01-31-2011, 06:06 PM
Beginning Member

the regulater leaking?? no. fuel pressure yes. i would have gladly checked it however i dont have a fuel pressure gauge. i dont know anyone that does and i am on an extremely tight budget. the $5 tb gasket was paid for in change. jus to give you an idea of my budget. when i had the tb off the inside of the intake looked pretty soaked. im new to the whole vortec thing, try and cut me a lil slack. if i happen to find a gauge i will def check the pressure. thanks everyone

Old 01-31-2011, 06:09 PM
UberFail is on a distinguished road

tbh - see if a friend has one or post where u live at least and maybe a local that has one could help you out here. your budget is crappy :/ but leads me to ask how u put fuel into it on that kind of budget and all.

Old 01-31-2011, 07:20 PM
Beginning Member

i live in chesterfield michigan. it is a wonder how i ever put gas into it. i havent been driving it so i havent been putting gas in it. if anyone on here is somewhere around chesterfield send me a pm. i cant throw any cash for help but we could make other arrangements. thanks again everyone!

Quick Reply: converter clogged??