2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Dome light/RAP problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 11:34 PM
Beginning Member
ChrisAttebery is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dome light/RAP problem

I've got a problem with the RAP and Dome Light on my Blazer. The dome lights are on all the time and the RAP isn't working right now. I have the LR door panel off because I'm waiting for a replacement window regulator to show up. I can't remember if this problem existed before I removed the panel. Today I pulled each of the 4 door jam switches and shorted out the plug wth a jumper, but it didn't shut off the dome. So for now I disabled it on the dash, but I'd like to get this fixed soon. I just won a factory service manual off the Bay, but if anyone could help me out before it shows upI'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

Chris

Old 07-09-2007, 06:59 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Dome light/RAP problem

It mostlikely is a problem with a door switch... You won't want to forget about the rear gate...

Old 07-09-2007, 12:53 PM
Beginning Member
ChrisAttebery is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Dome light/RAP problem

Hmmm, I don't see a switch in the rear gate area. Funny thing, this morning I stopped for gas and the RAP was working. All I can figure is that I must have reseated a plug or the back glass wasn't closing enough to turn off the dome. The back glass is damaged and I'm waiting for a replacement to arrive. The hinges are bent. I think someone tried to close the glass with a big box in the way and bent them pretty badly. The hatch sits up about an inch from where it should be.