2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Door Buzzer...NEED HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 11:10 PM
Starting Member
fronkensteen_blazer is on a distinguished road
Default Door Buzzer...NEED HELP!!

So I can't get the door buzzer to turn off on my 96 blazer! It started on Wednesday after work. I thought I just wasn't getting my door shut all the way so I slammed it a couple of times and it eventually went off. Then I went out with some friends and it WOULD NOT go off! Between 4 of us in the car we did everything we could think of to get it to stop. Even went so far as to duct tape the button down when you shut the door. At one point the door was open, car was running and the buzzer shut OFF, but came back on again. Now I have this constant buzzing that is only off when the car is off and the key is not in the ignition. Any ideas how I can get this to stop? Can I just disconnect a fuse or the buzzer itself? Is it something a little more difficult than this? I've had my brother go through my manual and I looked online but couldn't find anything.

Any help would be much appreciated as this buzzer is driving me NUTS and i'm hearing it even when i'm NOT in the car.

Old 07-31-2010, 09:44 AM
97chevyblaze is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by fronkensteen_blazer
So I can't get the door buzzer to turn off on my 96 blazer! It started on Wednesday after work. I thought I just wasn't getting my door shut all the way so I slammed it a couple of times and it eventually went off. Then I went out with some friends and it WOULD NOT go off! Between 4 of us in the car we did everything we could think of to get it to stop. Even went so far as to duct tape the button down when you shut the door. At one point the door was open, car was running and the buzzer shut OFF, but came back on again. Now I have this constant buzzing that is only off when the car is off and the key is not in the ignition. Any ideas how I can get this to stop? Can I just disconnect a fuse or the buzzer itself? Is it something a little more difficult than this? I've had my brother go through my manual and I looked online but couldn't find anything.

Any help would be much appreciated as this buzzer is driving me NUTS and i'm hearing it even when i'm NOT in the car.
when i bought my truck mine was broken so i just dropped the panel under the steering column took out the old one, bought a new one and no more buzzing! lol

Old 08-02-2010, 11:54 AM
Beginning Member
hemivette is on a distinguished road

Its the the plunger switch that also turns your dome light on and off. On my 97 you dont have to get under the dash to change it, it pulls straight out, just have a new one ready to put because the wires aren't very long and if you let go of the connector, then you will have to get under the dash. Dont worry, easy fix!

Old 08-14-2010, 12:59 AM
shligger is on a distinguished road

I remember I propped my plunger switch down when working with a friend. I had the radio on and wanted to keep the doors open so I jammed a pen between the button and the door.

After 2 hours of work, I inadvertently slammed the door and DESTROYED the switch. The door switch no longer makes noise so I lucked out. If you keep having problems, completely rip the switch out and disconnect it. From what I've experienced, if there is no switch the truck doesn't wail at you.

Old 08-14-2010, 03:31 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like you have a short in the ground for the interior light/buzzer. Wiring/electrical faults are one of the most difficult problems to track down and solve.

*Moved to 2nd Gen Tech* -
Gen chat isn't for tech questions.

Old 08-22-2010, 04:50 PM
xjimmyowner is on a distinguished road

I need to put a buzzer in my 95. Which side of the steering column is the plug on?