2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

engine power loss shut off

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 08:23 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

We are trying to help you diagnose the issue without wasting your time & money unnecessarily. In order to do that effectively, you have to help us out by performing the requested tests.

Old 08-09-2011, 11:34 AM
Starting Member
gaspricessuckk is on a distinguished road

Yes I am trying alot. the next step is fuel filter, no one i know has a gauge test, and they are 45 at advanced, and to take it to a shop it is around 75 a hour.

update, put in some 9. gas today, well filled the tank with it and it is running slightly better, getting slightly more power and not as much bog down. but still the same problem occurs

Last edited by swartlkk; 08-09-2011 at 02:50 PM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the EDIT feature to add additional information to your post if another member yet to respond.
Old 08-09-2011, 02:52 PM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Well, good. A full tank should make it even more fun if the problem turns out to be your FP.

I got an idea... when you get a FP gauge come back on here and let us know and we'll resume.
Just my opinion, but I'm gonna quit commenting on this saga until you are ready to get serious.

Old 08-09-2011, 03:38 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

did you ask your local auto parts if they got one of those loan a tool program ?

you just need to leave a deposit till you bring it back

Old 08-09-2011, 10:07 PM
Starting Member
boar is on a distinguished road

having same issue with my 97. Took it to mechanic an dhe ran a fuel pressure check, simply just didnt have time with work to do myself. charged me 25 bucks so not bad. He said hes positive its the fuel pimp based on pressure readings. So probably be doing that this weekend.

Old 08-10-2011, 03:11 AM
Starting Member

On top of it when the truck bogs down you can smell the gas fumes

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
did you ask your local auto parts if they got one of those loan a tool program ?

you just need to leave a deposit till you bring it back
Yes and they don't do that.

Last edited by swartlkk; 08-10-2011 at 07:02 AM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the EDIT feature to add additional information to your post if another member yet to respond.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:06 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Listen, we are here to help, but if you want to go off on different tangents instead of doing the tests that would likely show you the problem, that is your prerogative and it doesn't mean that we have to sit here only to keep repeating ourselves. That gets really old, really fast and all that pettyfog was saying was that he's out until you get it through your head that a fuel pressure test needs to be done. From the looks of it, you have already spent more money than the gauge costs on other things after the first mention of a fuel pressure test... Way to go!

Your personal struggles have no bearing on this thread what so ever and as such I have removed your flaming post as there were also various rules violations present in it... Please don't let your personal problems flood over onto someone who has spent their time trying to help you without any form of payment asked in return. If you continue to act in such a manner, you likely won't find help at all. Nothing like spending your time trying to help someone who won't listen only to get spit on in the process... Way to help your case.

Old 08-10-2011, 10:51 AM
Starting Member

It is not that I don't listen I have stated at least 3 times I DONT HAVE THE MONEY. THIS IS WHY IM TRADING THIS TRUCK. before this problem happened i already replaced the radiator, upper ball joint and 02 sensor.

and no the only thing i have spent on this truck is the 1.99 egr gasket. everything else my buddy has done. again i can not buy this gauge test because of my bills. i will try to buy it as soon as i can. i can barely drive the truck. just yesterday i left my house and it shut off at least 20 times and wouldn't go anywhere. i finally got it to drive.

but yes i am very thankful for all the advice everyone has given that is why i have tried some of this things everyone has stated.

Old 08-13-2011, 07:32 PM
Starting Member

update

shut off again today, this time would not start. it would crank and crank and crank and crank for 10 mins with out turning over, all the while smelling like gas. finally cranked and made it home.

Old 08-14-2011, 05:50 PM
kristoph30 is on a distinguished road

Autozone lends the fuel pressure guage. The are plenty locations listed in CT

Quick Reply: engine power loss shut off