2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

First post, help with 1999 Blazer (A/C problem)

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 05:54 PM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

Putting in freon is not gonna do either of you guys any good... this is a control problem.

Old 08-01-2009, 08:29 PM
Beginning Member
crasy is on a distinguished road

hmmm well romancatholic what can we try next?

Old 08-02-2009, 08:34 AM
Beginning Member
RomanCatholic is on a distinguished road

Perhaps some background info as to when this started is in order. I went to start the truck, wouldn't start, just clicked. Tried jumping, didn't work. A fella who appeared out of nowhere (literally) attempted a jump again with a different set of cables, didn't work. He then tried connecting a wire from the positive terminal directly to the starter (not sure of the technical terminology). This still didn't work. I then had the battery tested, it was bad, bought a new battery and it started up fine. This is when the problem with the A/C started. Piror to this it worked fine and was charged in May/April and have not had any problems since.

Crasy, under what circumstances did yours stop working?

Old 08-02-2009, 12:39 PM
Beginning Member

Well, now that i think about it my problem started after i disconnected the battery and reconnected it to fix a problem i was having. I couldnt get the truck to go into 4hi or 4lo until i read online somewhere to disconnect the negative battery terminal then reconnect 5 minutes later. Sure enough it fixed my problem there, but after that my air has been doing the same thing yours has.

Old 08-02-2009, 01:00 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

When you reconnected the battery and turn the key on (not run), did you hear the HVAC system cycle?

Old 08-02-2009, 01:14 PM
Beginning Member

Im not sure if i heard it or not, what sort of sounds should i be listening for?
When i did it i didnt hear much of anything so i just sat there for a minute or two.

Old 08-02-2009, 03:06 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You should be able to hear the electronic actuator cycle. It go from its current position to one of the stops, then to the other stop, and finally back to the first stop prior to moving to the appropriate position as determined by the control module for the setting and other conditions (sun load & ambient temperature).

Old 08-02-2009, 04:51 PM
Beginning Member

I will try disconnecting the battery for 15 mins and trying it again. Do the ac controls need to be set any which way while i do this?

Old 08-02-2009, 05:14 PM
Beginning Member
RomanCatholic is on a distinguished road

When I turn the key it makes three ticks quickly in a row, then the moaning/squealing sound starts. It is r/t the A/C as the air flow seems to adjust with it. It is doing the same thing, a little cold, a little warm.

Old 08-02-2009, 07:55 PM
Administrator

Sounds like the actuator is bad. Typically, the drive gear breaks and does not turn the door.

Quick Reply: First post, help with 1999 Blazer (A/C problem)